Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Investment Properties in Connecticut : Real Estate Advice

  • All288
  • Local Info23
  • Home Buying150
  • Home Selling33
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 37
Mon Jun 19, 2017
Stanjean2000 asked:
Thu May 11, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
As a broker, getting paid is everything. No offense but you can not run a brokerage if you do not know how you get paid. Here in NH the buyer has choice of who closes the sale. Therefore the buyer hires a closing company. The closing company works with the listing agent and buyer broker to close the sale and complete the HUD. Assume a cash sale for ease. The listing broker submits a commission statement with who is paid what. Before closing the agents as well as the buyer and seller review the preliminary hud. At that time you check your commission to make sure it is right. Some brokers also send a commission statement to the other agent long before closing. Here in NH at closing we get our checks as brokers. The security part comes from the agent being involved and monitoring the transaction through each step. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 25, 2017
Cepperson888 asked:
Sun Nov 27, 2016
Angelarosa21 asked:
I'm looking for a lender for an investment property. I already have a mortgage for 115,000. I'm looking to purchase a two family house in waterbury ct for 180,000. My credit score…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I am happy to help you get your listing posted on Trulia.

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2016
Gina.capizzi asked:
The pic u posted is the duplex next door to 126 citizens ave. the house color of 126 citizens is greenish blue and is a ranch.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 20, 2016
Kimberleymedley asked:
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Tina David asked:
Fri Aug 5, 2016
Jadreamin1012 asked:
Fri Jun 3, 2016
Reibeach660 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun May 24, 2015
parm answered:
hi,i have house in norwich ct...not fixer upper,but 2 family with only 14k down coming in 1400
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2015
Scott T Lewis answered:
If your a home buyer seeking to purchase a property with a in-law apartment you are always within your rights to rent out said apartment. However, like any rental property it must be a legal apartment. You have the idea about buying for income purposes... as a first time home buyer you have the right mindset
going into this, Now its time to get an agent with that same mindset to assure your best interest are served. If you have yet to contract an agent give me a call at 914-356-6468 ( mobile ) or send me an email at
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 6, 2014
Peter Chapman answered:
Large colonials with many bathrooms, spacious bedrooms, a full bath on the first floor and laundry on the second floor.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Christopher Pagli answered:
You will need to speak directly with the local building dept and they will explain the process and whether or not the zoning permits this.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 10, 2014
Amandabrown85 asked:
My husband and i rented for 3 years 3 months, the security deposit is $2200.00. Not sure if it was put in an escrow, but what would the interest be on that? We are in Connecticut if that…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 16, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
Spot checks were used in condo complexes and properties not meeting guidelines on approved complexes. I do not think they are used any longer but a full appraisal is needed for a refinance or new mortgage,. The person to ask is your loan officer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice