Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Concord : Real Estate Advice

  • All247
  • Local Info18
  • Home Buying106
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 262
Fri Aug 18, 2017
Ellie Waters answered:
The costs of the sale and the debt owed to the foreclosing mortgagee are paid first.
The mortgagee’s only interest in the property is to be fully repaid, however, so if any money is left over, the mortgagee doesn’t get to keep it.
The surplus is distributed to owners of junior interests in order of priority (which is generally the order in which the interests were created).
The sale extinguishes junior interests in the property, so these parties have a claim against the proceeds to compensate them for their loss.
Look at dummies dot com to read complete answer
The mortgagor gets to keep any money that’s left after paying the junior interests.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 10, 2017
Kirkswilliams answered:
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
You and your lender need to review line by line every item on your closing statement. There is no way for anybody online to know if the $10K overage is acceptable or not. We don't have a copy of your closing statement. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 24, 2017
Todd Greve answered:
You should be able to just click on the save again to remove the red heart/save image. If this doesn't work you may find it in additional "boards" as they seem to call them (groupings of saved houses). On the phone app when you click on save it will show all the boards so make sure all are clear. On the web page, you may need to go into "Saved Homes" at the top right of the page and go into each board and manually remove the house (not sure). If you have contacted a place, it will automatically add the home to a "Contacted Homes" board for you.

Hope that helps
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 20, 2017
Rich Reed answered:
Hi, Meagan. The short answer is yes, it's possible.

The longer answer is that there may be a procuring cause dispute between your old broker and your new one. Agents typically work for a broker and your purchase agreement, and other agreements, are actually with the broker not the agent. When you are represented by an agent/broker a legal "Agency" is created. Some possible reasons to seek termination of Agency could be due to the broker's/agent's professional abilities or conduct. Examples could include misrepresentations or failure to disclose, lack of knowledge with an area or type of property, being non- responsive to the client by failing to be timely or return calls, disclosures of conflicts of interest, self-dealing or negotiating skills. You should be certain that any Agency you have with your old broker is properly terminated. You should advise your new agent of the previous purchase agreement.

Many difficulties between clients and real estate professionals result from misunderstanding, miscommunication, or lack of adequate communication. If you have a problem with a real estate professional, you may want to speak with them or with a principal broker in the firm. Open, constructive discussion often resolves questions or differences, eliminating the need for further action.

If your agent is a Realtor (not all agents are Realtors), you could also seek help from the CAR Ombudsman at

I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 7, 2017
Mandyru64 asked:
Mon Mar 6, 2017
Giselaanderson28 answered:
I have a 560 credit score i was at 600 but a collections company placed an old ( paid off debt) on my credit bringing my score down to 560... i have the paid in full letters ! I just paid off almost $6,000 of debt on my credit... I have a decent job! I just want to buy a home for my kids! Why is this the most stressful nerve wrecking expirence! I'm on the verge of giving up! ... more
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 23, 2017
Aaa5aa answered:
Apply first with Lendingtree to see if anyone will qualify you with your current situation.
Plan B is check with USDA who offer 100% financing on rural or semi rural properties.

A 5% down payment is no longer an option.
Current dp is now 20% thanks to the housing crash in 2008 when adustable rate loans were misunderstood by borrowers. Foreclosers were at an all time high.
... more
0 votes 28 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2017
We can not mention on a public forum as that may be considered steering. Questions of this nature would have to be discussed in private and would only be opinions.

These links may assist you with crime statistics:

Theses links should have the answers to any questions you may have on schools:

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2017
Sue Wellever asked:
The area is in Downtown Concord CA. The home is approx three blocks from Todos Santos Plaza . The home also is located on a street that has commercial businesses as well as residential…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
Is the nc sp also a Realtor? If she is, you could seek help from the C.A.R. Consumer and Realtor Ombudsman Hotline by calling (213) 739-7227 or emailing the Ombudsman Hotline at
If the nc sp is a Realtor, then she should have asked if you are a party to any exclusive representation agreement, and stopped when you said you were. She and her broker could be disciplined and possibly have to pay commission to your original broker and agent.
It would be inappropriate for a broker to record a lien against a buyer who may owe a commission due to a buyer-broker agreement because the claim against the buyer is for money. But, your original broker could demand that you pay the commission and take legal action against you. If I were your broker, I would get the commission from the nc agent/broker, not from you.
I am a real estate broker qualified to advise you on California real estate matters, not the law. If you desire legal advice, consult with an attorney.
Best of luck to you!
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 1, 2016
Douglas Phillips asked:
Tue Nov 15, 2016
Jackie Giffin asked:
Tue Nov 8, 2016
Rich Reed answered:
It may depend on the rules of the Association your Realtor belongs go. My Association only allows broker tours every 30 days or when there is a 5% reduction in list price. It doesn't hurt to have a broker tour as often as the rules allow. Best of luck to you! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 20, 2016
Terri.tate answered:
question was raised about crime mid-upper nw area
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice