Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Comstock Park : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Thu Aug 31, 2017
Rt asked:
Sat Feb 11, 2017
Edwin Caruana asked:
I am retiring at the end of this year and would love to have more time to be in the US as I have a daughter and grand children!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 25, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
Your best to find a good agent is to ask friend and family for suggestions on people they have worked with recently.

Your listing agent has little control over the number of showings your house gets beyond ensuring that it's priced appropriately for the condition and local market and that, of course, requires a seller's cooperation.

You certainly do not have to paint but I personally wouldn't trust an agent who didn't suggest some basic sprucing up of any house. That's a good way (in my opinion) to vet the people who actually care if your house sells from the ones who just want a sign with their name on it in your yard.

Good agents don't suggest you paint to be a pain in the *** or because of their personal feelings about your choices. They do it because it makes a difference in how buyers judge your house and the vibe they get from it. Most buyers have a hard time seeing the bones under a bunch of crazy colors. It's just reality.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2015
Diana Hellman answered:
In our area, generally speaking, environmental issues are something the sellers have some responsibility to remediate.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 28, 2014
Patty M Gibson asked:
2 or more bedroom single family home with rent no more than $600.00 a mounth.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Escape777 asked:
I have 10-20,000 down and have my own appliances. Could pay it off within 3-5 years. If you know of any newly built Ranch style homes, you can email me at:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Jennifer at this point you need to call the states attorney generals office in your state to file a complaint with this business. hopfully the busines sis located in the same state which you live. You will also need to contact an attorney, the AG's office may have a list of non profit organizations that can help or a pro bono lawyer that takes on these cases at no charge to the client.

i wish you luck in working things out
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 13, 2010
Gary L White answered:
Hi Patrick, the feed work well and nothing is needed after your feed is setup. Just submit new data and it is automatically picked up and posted. The refresh rate is based on entrance into the site like many others. Depending how your website is setup and who you have as a listing service your listing from GRAR are already being pulled into the site. This is something you can control. You have listing and updates pull from your website or from GRAR. Take care. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2007
J R answered:
I answered this question on August 8th. Since then I've sold two of my own listings at open houses. I've rarely gotten a good lead who ended up buying another house from an open. I know others have, but I haven't. I prefer to work with sellers, though, so it could be just me. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Comstock Park Zip Codes