Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Columbus : Real Estate Advice

  • All740
  • Local Info79
  • Home Buying252
  • Home Selling45
  • Market Conditions18

Activity 60
Sat Nov 25, 2017
Graphsick asked:
Wed Oct 18, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Being delinquent on monthly HOA fees has nothing to do with the mortgage loan. HOA's can take legal action and foreclose on your home / condo the same way that mortgage lenders can. Bottom line is you owe the HOA money. If your wife hasn't paid it, why didn't you pay it? Whether you are married or separated, it makes no difference. One of you should have been paying the monthly fee + the mortgage loan.

You can also sell your home and pay off the HOA from your profits.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 10, 2017
Alan May answered:
Wed Aug 2, 2017
Ashley Croft answered:
We were supposed to close on Monday. That's when the contract ran out for the extension we had to put in. The title agency said the bank hadn't responded and given the go ahead to close. Now they won't answer any calls or emails. Did we just lose this house and all the money we already put into it? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 3, 2017
Ron.g.southall12 answered:
Check with a local Realtor who does sheriff sales in that area. They keep up to date on them.If they don't know, I'm sure there is a web site, you can get, to find out about that house.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 17, 2016
Lyneehessman asked:
Sat Mar 12, 2016
Brittney D asked:
Mon Sep 21, 2015
Well the loan is secured by the Columbus home so it should not affect your current home whatsoever. The impact to you would be mainly financial and credit-related, I think.

Since the C'bus home is no longer your primary residence, I don't know that you'd be afforded the same protections from liability as someone who faced losing their primary home.

You may want to reach out to a HUD approved housing counselor to see if they have any recommendations. They may even be able to help you negotiate an arrangement with your bank. An attorney can also provide you advice on this, albeit at probably a higher cost.

If you're not concerned about your credit then you could always pursue a short sale or just let the home go to foreclosure. But those actions are going to severely impact your credit.

I hope this helps somewhat!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 26, 2015
Jackie Stinchfield answered:
Trulia lists foreclosure activity dating back to December 8, 2008.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2015
I am not sure what you mean by "stopped the foreclosure". She should contact her lender and ask them how they are dealing with the issue and see if they will compromise in some way that allows her to stay in the home and make payments. If not, she will not be able to purchase a new home for sometime due to the credit report delenquency and the 2 - 4 yr wait that will start after the foreclosure and once the home is sold. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
RonS answered:
Contrary to Diane's opinion (We all know what those are like) are NOT eligible for ANY refinance considering you've let your loan go into default. You also aren't eligible for any short sale considering you aren't underwater (Per your statement). While i'm sure Diane will say something to the contrary, remember...she's a real estate agent so, I guess to her point, if it's a choice of getting incorrect opinions from her or speaking with an attorney, i'd go to an attorney...or save your money and contact your lender about your options.

Based on what you wrote, sell it, or bring it current and rent it out to cover your payments or, offer the lender(s) a deed in lieu (Which is doubtful with two liens).

You may also be subject to a strategic default designation. You might NEED an attorney for that considering Ohio is a recourse state.

The only "Get out of Jail Free" card you may have is if you are military. I'd read the Service Members Civil Relief Act to gain better understanding.

Again, go ahead and waste thousands to hire an attorney to do what you can do for free, or contact your lender and ask them what options are available. Contact a real estate agent to sell your property while you still have equity.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 1, 2015
USMortgageRanger answered:
In order to put a bid on a home you will first need to be approved by a Lender. I would suggest you get APPROVED not just pre-qualified. Let me explain the difference. When you start shopping for a home, most Agents and Builders want you to get pre-qualified, before they spend any time with you. However, being pre-qualified doesn’t mean you are ready to buy. In this market, property is moving faster than ever. So if you are ready to buy, you should get APPROVED by a competent Lender. Approval is similar to having cash in your pocket and this tells the seller you are truly ready to buy. In fact many listing Agents and Builder won’t even look at your offer unless its attached to a real pre-approval with FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA or USDA Approval.

My Office hours are from 08:00 AM-07:00PM Mon-Fri & Sat 10:00 AM – 06:00 PM CST at 512-717-0403 or after hours at 469-347-3572 Cell. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Lowell E. Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
The Federal Savings Bank
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 16, 2014
Jeremy Davis answered:
You did not put a address in your question but if you call me i will gladly answer any of your questions, 614-330-0786
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 14, 2014
Vicki Blaser answered:
The first think you need is a green card or work lottery. There are many ways to go about this but I would suggest you speak with an immigration attorney. They will be able to see what you qualify for and assist with all the paperwork.

Once you have a green card or permit, you will be able to buy a house or commercial property in the US. My husband is a green card holder from the Netherlands and we own a house.

Good luck!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2014
Daisemgmtoh answered:
Angel my name is alfred daise and I'm a general contractor in columbus and I find that the real estate agents here are very unprofessional. They mostly want to sell you something for about $150k. If you find an agent that actually works for you please forward me their info. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Jeremy Davis answered:
If you would like to give me a call my phone number is 614-330-0786 and i would love to help you get into and buy this property.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Jeremy Davis answered:
Your best option ( and i have never seen it work ) is to go to the auditors website find out what bank owns it and get ahold of the bank directly.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 13, 2014
Brian Thompson answered:
To answer your question, the county where the taxes are due will have ownership of the deed to the home. County tax supercedes a mortgage and unless the bank is willing to pay the property tax themselves they will lose any claim to the property and the debt on it. This is why most banks have property taxes tied into the loan payments.

Hope this helps
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Dan Swisher answered:
April, please contact me directly about any questions you may have about this property. If this one isn't right for you I would be happy to help you locate one that fits your needs. You can contact me at dswisher@homecentralrealty. com or call me at 614.352.4470. Thanks Dan Swisher ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice