Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Columbus : Real Estate Advice

  • All194
  • Local Info28
  • Home Buying40
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 11
Fri Nov 20, 2015
Cathersmarket answered:
how do I buy back my properties?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 30, 2013
Brady Blackmon Team answered:
Try this link for complete details:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 24, 2012
Bob & Gail McLain and Morgan Batson answered:
Hi Sabrina,
Please check out our website, for up-to-the-minute listings of homes in the Columbus/Fort Benning, Georgia and Phenix City, Fort Mitchell, Alabama areas. Bob and I will be happy to work as referral agents with you! 706-888-4063 or 334-524-8200 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Linda Calcote asked:
We are seeing many foreclosed homes coming on the market in our area. It would be a great source of business if I could submit my name toi the proper source.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Desari Jabbar answered:
A competitive market analysis would have to be done to find out what the properties in your subdivision are selling for. Once you find the fair market value of your property, you will then know where to price your property so that you can attract buyers and submit an acceptable offer to your lender.

Also, please make certain you are in contact with the bank so they'll know that you're actively pursuing a short sale option.

Please feel to contact me for furthur assistance.

Desari Jabbar

Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 22, 2009
Carl Ashton answered:
When a homebuyer wants to purchase a house in need of repair or modernization, the homebuyer usually has to obtain financing first to purchase the dwelling; additional financing to do the rehabilitation construction; and a permanent mortgage when the work is completed to pay off the interim loans with a permanent mortgage. Often the interim financing (the acquisition and construction loans) involves relatively high interest rates and short amortization periods. The Section 203(k) program was designed to address this situation. The borrower can get just one mortgage loan, at a long-term fixed (or adjustable) rate, to finance both the acquisition and the rehabilitation of the property. To provide funds for the rehabilitation, the mortgage amount is based on the projected value of the property with the work completed, taking into account the cost of the work. To minimize the risk to the mortgage lender, the mortgage loan (the maximum allowable amount) is eligible for endorsement by HUD as soon as the mortgage proceeds are disbursed and a rehabilitation escrow account is established. At this point the lender has a fully-insured mortgage loan.

Hope this helps
Carl Ashton
America Home Key Inc
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 28, 2009
Dana DeLuca answered:

You MUST contact a real estate attorney 1st and foremost! There are several things to consider here...

1) Was the home purchased under FHA? Were the violations indicated on the FHA appraisal?
2) Who chose the home inspector?
3) Did your contract stipulate a "Due Diligence" period for inspection time frame? If so, were the violations faxed to the agent during the time frame?
4) Did the agent review agency with you? (ALWAYS use a buyer's agent, as the listing agent protects the seller)
5) Was the home purchased using any kind of down-payment assistance through the city or state? If so, why was the home purchase allowed to close with code violations?

I hope my thoughts help...

Dana DeLuca
Weichert, Realtors
Ellis & Silva
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 17, 2008
. answered:
No offer. Its a waste of time. Its owned in an interest through a Trust by Wall Street investors. I have the right questions to ask the people who you are talking to , but thats NOT THE LENDER!

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Ray Day answered:
I apologize, my intent wasn't to suggest using an attorney. It was only to contact the original attorney and see if he could send information to the collections people to show that they no longer had rights to a debt. If that was indeed the result from the probate. This would alleviate you of having to deal with them. Hope that is a little clearer about what I was trying to say. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2007
Caroline Simmons answered:
Morning Ronda!

No, making additional payments will only pay down the principal on your home. However, if you have Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) on your loan due to an inital loan amount of over 80% of the value. You can go to your bank if you believe your home's value has increased enough that you own 20% of the properties value. Example, You buy a home at $80,000 on a 100% loan with PMI. Your home is now worth $100,000. They can reappraise your home and possibly remove the PMI.

Also, have you filed for your homestead exemption? If not, FILE TODAY! This can lower your tax payment and if it is included in your mortgage, your mtg. payment will become lower -- probably not until after your 2008 taxes are paid.

If none of this applies and your credit is in a position to refinance, that would be my other suggestion -- especially if you have an ARM or Interest Only loan. If you have a fixed rate, I would not suggest refinancing unless you are able to obtain a lower rate.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Columbus Zip Codes