Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Columbia County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 17
Sat Jul 1, 2017
Jack Ramone answered:
Sy, a buyer's broker represents the buyer exclusively. A seller's broker is equivalent to a listing broker and they represent the seller exclusively. The article referenced below ( goes in depth into the various types of agency relationships.

You should be very careful as a buyer in working with the seller's broker directly. If you do so, they need to disclose the nature of their relationship to you. In the case of dual agency (, you have to understand that the seller's broker is essentially collecting double commission for representing both buyer and seller.

How this is possible I'm not too sure. The broker would have to be extremely neutral and basically not say anything in order to do that.

So why would you get bullied into dual agency just so the listing broker can collect all 6% commission?

It's your right to have your own representation, and it's free!

Lastly, not only is it free, but through companies like Hauseit you can also get some of your buyer's broker's commission back at closing through what's known as a commission rebate:

Good luck and pls read the article below to fully understand the various agency relationships before proceeding!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the 'Buy' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Select your preferred property type, square footage, allowed pets, etc.
5. Click the orange 'Done' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Request Viewing" button. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 9, 2015
Doubledeckerfarm answered:
We have a $50,000. Converted mobil home on one acre. Also, half acre building lot next door.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 13, 2015
Fghgfhfhfhjf answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2015
Alicia Laugier asked:
Mon Apr 20, 2015
Graphicfutures asked:
I've gotten plenty of updates in the past related to other locations so I can't figure out what the problem is....???
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 16, 2014
Mary Ann Gazzola answered:
I'm sorry, but the owners are not interested in leasing. Mary Ann Gazzola, Listing Broker 518.828.0014
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 1, 2014
Cariusromain asked:
Wed Oct 9, 2013
user978212 answered:
Look up the owners name through the county. Search the name on the internet for the number. Call the owner.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Martina Ryan answered:
Although it seems to have the 2 exit requirements for the Fire Department generally basement apartments are not legally rentable unless you have the correct C of O for them.
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Pumarenzi asked:
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Tom Lynch answered:

The property has an accepted offer. The property was being offered for $79,900 AS IS. At that price, there are likely significant issues with the property.

All the best,

Tom Lynch
Associate Broker, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut
Berkshire Property Agents
12 Railroad Street
Great Barrington, Massachusetts 01230
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Tom Lynch answered:

Property was withdrawn from the market this past October. 40 acre lake.

GORGEOUS property.

Please contact me if you have interest in purchasing this property, or properties similar.

All the best,

Tom Lynch
Associate Broker, Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut
Berkshire Property Agents
12 Railroad Street
Great Barrington, Massachusetts 01230
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
ancram.edward answered:
Your information regarding 36 North 3rd street is incorrect.
It's being rebuilt beautifully from the ground up by the current owner, an architect.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Catherine Cappelletti answered:
I have a one family with in-law apartment + 11 acres in Chatham, NY. I can be reached at Columbia County Real Estate Company (518) 858-5481 Catherine Cappelletti, Principal Broker
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 9, 2011
Steve Schappert answered:
It's easy to muddy the waters with lingo these days. A true Buyer's broker only works with buyers and never asks their clients to sign a dual agency agreement. Agents work for brokers but the fiduciary responsibility is on the broker.

I became an exclusive buyer broker back in 96' because i didnt like the idea of promising to do my absolute best and having my client sign a contract to that effect and then literally moments later having to hand them a dual agency agreement that say if I have my broker has the listing or visa versa both of you have to pay us, but neither of you can expect as much.

Exclusive Buyer's Brokers and their agents pride them selves on keeping their clients from waking up in the middle of the night feeling something is not quite right.

I know its been a while, but I hope that helps in the future or helps someone else.
-Steve Schappert Licensed Home Improvement contractor and Exclusive Buyer's Broker.
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Search Advice