Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

80906 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Wed Feb 15, 2017
Dodgersfan65 asked:
Also would like to know how difficult it might be living in another district, but getting into District 12.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 30, 2016
Julian Teujillo asked:
lots 1209 Maxwell st 80906 is listed for 225k
888 square feet n top, 444 square feet in basement
200 square feet in garage and the yard is almost 3 lots

The original show property…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 20, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
I'm not understanding your question at all. Did you inquire about a property for sale or rent? And it only listed a street but no address? Sounds like a bogus listing. If you're in the market to rent, I'd suggest only dealing with property management companies directly. There are lots of rental scams on this site. Or try If you're in the market to buy, you should hire a Realtor as your buyer's agent. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 16, 2014
Steve Merritt answered:

You have gotten lots of good information here! I just wanted to add my two cents- I am Retired Army and a Military Relocation Specialist, and I understand the road ahead for you! I have been in District 12 for four years now, and my kids are thriving! The schools really focus on the kids and the family - parents are SO involved in this District, it is great to see.

Let me know if you need any help. Feel free to visit my website to search for available homes:

Good Luck!
... more
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 14, 2014
Daniel answered:
I would think of less than that. The issue surrounding mold reflects a complete problem by itself. What someone dreamed of selling for a year ago doesn't reflect reality. Real estate is location and demand. Well, your comps are what has sold in the last 6 months. Then you have to really look at why it sold for that amount. If you are a cash buyer, you can do well. If you are having to finance the home then you don't have the same appeal. Cash means no one needs to approve anything. You need to look at this like a wholesale proposition. I hope this helps... ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 29, 2014
Terri Vellios answered:
You can. Your lender will have certain guidelines such as % of rent and % of equity vs debt.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Tiffany & Brian Canady answered:
How'd it all work out for you? My vote is to hire someone to do the work for you. If you didn't like your current agent, I hope you found someone else you can tolerate. It's always best to have an advocate working for your best interests. If it's the money you're hung up on... whether it's 3% or 1%- either way your paying for TIME and their EXPERTISE. TIME is our most valuable asset; it's the one thing we can't get back. Time is what we are spending with you to find your home. No one works for FREE here. Sorry to break it to you. I realize you can google everything and become an expert in minutes... however, when it's game time, it's best to have players that actually play the game and know what they are doing. Hope it all worked out for you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Brian L. A. Wess answered:

This is a complex question that relies on many different things.

First off it's important to note that Real Estate Licensees in Colorado (Brokers) are prohibited from providing legal advice unless they are also an Attorney and there is a difference between a Realtor, who is a member of the National Association of Realtors...bound by the Realtor Code of Ethics...and someone who is just a Real Estate License holder.

Since this question was asked in Colorado Springs, I'm assuming that this is a Colorado Real Estate Transaction which would fall under the auspices of the Colorado Real Estate Commission. If it is, all Colorado Real Estate License holders who are not also an attorney or a builder with attorney drafted contracts must use the standard state contract forms promulgated by the Colorado Real Estate Commission.

Some questions that determine how this can be answered include:
1. Is the Seller Represented by a Broker and if so do they have an Exclusive Agency Contract and if so are there any stipulations for actions the seller might take without the Broker being involved?

2. Is the Buyer Represented by a broker (Yes in this case) and if so do they have an Exclusive Agency Contract and if so are there any stipulations for actions the buyer might take without the Broker being involved?

If you as the Buyer have a Colorado Exclusive Right to Buy Contract (BC60-8-10) (Mandatory 1-11) with the broker assisting you who helped set up the first showing, you may want to read that agreement over closely and consult an attorney before attempting to go around your broker.

According to the Colorado Colorado Exclusive Right to Buy Contract (BC60-8-10) (Mandatory 1-11) Available at under Forms & Contracts:

Section 7. COMPENSATION TO BROKERAGE FIRM. In consideration of the services to be performed by Broker, Brokerage Firm shall be paid as set forth in this section, WITH NO DISCOUNT OR ALLOWANCE FOR ANY EFFORTS MADE BY THE BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON. (Emphasis Added)

Section 9. BUYER’S OBLIGATIONS TO BROKER. Buyer agrees to conduct all negotiations for the Property only through Broker, and to refer to Broker all communications received in any form from real estate brokers, PROSPECTIVE SELLERS, OR ANY OTHER SOURCE during the Term of this Buyer Listing Contract. Buyer represents that Buyer Is/Is Not currently a party to any agreement with any other broker to represent or assist Buyer in the location or purchase of property. (Emphasis Added)

While I feel this question is a sad statement of how far our society has fallen when people search for ways to not honor the time and expertise a professional has put into assisting them, I hope this information is of use.

Brian L. A. Wess
Realtor®, Broker Owner
Military Relocation, Residential & Investment Specialist
Infinite Horizons Realty - Metro Brokers
Colorado Springs, CO
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Suz A answered:
Go to the listing page and find "share" among the menu items. You can email your listing to anyone you would like.

Can I ask if you have considered using an agent? I don't work the Springs area, but I am curious. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Tony English answered:
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Irina Riley answered:
Dear Homebuyer,
I would be very coutious about Lease-to-own option, especially if you are not completely sure about your future financial qualification or maybe, job transfer. You will be paying higher rent and if you won't close on the date agreed upon, you will loose all your money.
Please, consult a real estate attorney.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Jamie Heath answered:
I would have to agree that your best move right now is to talk with a mortgage lender. I have a lender that has done WONDERS for clients with lower FICO scores in the past. I can certainly pass along his information. Look at my profile and email me or call/text me and I'll connect you two.


Jamie Heath

Heath Real Estate, Inc
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
(719) 494-9367
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Kelly Young answered:
Hi Don, it is not necessarily an easy question to answer. The reason being is that a buyer/seller agreement is contractual. What is confusing is when some aspect of it is left blank (in this case the termination date) so how do you know when you are no longer in this and/or terminated? Do you have a good rapport with the agent to meet and present your written request in person? If not I would recommend calling the managing broker and meeting with them to get the closure you are looking for.

Good luck and I hope it turns out well!

Red Rock Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice