Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Colma : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Gilbert Richards answered:
I have but we are a mortgage bank, so we have our investors and own underwriters so we don't run into problems that often.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 1, 2012
J Mario Preza answered:
First of all, title records on any real estate, regardless of how it was "transfered" (inherited, etc.) are PUBLIC RECORDS, so you could easilly go to Redwood City (the hous being in Dlay City, it comes under the San Mateo county jurisdiction, and that is maintained in Redwood City), to find out how the title is held and under who's name. However, getting the title transferred, while not too difficult, may not resolve a problem with a pre-foreclosure (delinquent loan). While you can attempt to get insights on that loan by calling the lender, don't be surprised if they refuse to talk with you -- unless you're a co-signer on that loan. You'll have to move rather quickly to stem a foreclosure, but more importanly, if you want to keep the house, you may have to re-arrange not only the title, but also the loan(s), and to that end, you may have to re-finance (if there is equity in the house), or attempt some form of loan modification, if elligible. There's probably a lot more to do, but, while you gave a good dose of information, it isn't quite the same as talking specifics. Send me an email and I'll be happy to give you additional details and resources. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice