Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Clinton : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Sun Dec 27, 2015
Newton AD asked:
Sun Jan 25, 2015
Josh Barnett answered:
Who did you end up using to sell your home?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Petra Waddell answered:
Please contact Mr. Lonnie Glaspie or Ms. Karen Smith at NC Real Estate Services in Clinton for assistance with your search. The office telephone number is (910) 590-2255. Email for Lonnie is

Best wishes for a successful outcome.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 30, 2011
Robin Adair answered:
If your a CASH Buyer I have a 3 Year Old Home for $37,500.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
El Brant answered:
Assuming that this is the same home you mentioned in your previous post (selling to another family member), my advice is:

1) Hire a REALTOR® to assist you with both sides of the transaction and split the cost.

2) Negotiate an appropriate price. Be realistic, sell the house for the same thing you would expect a stranger to pay. If you cut your price (because it's family), you will resent it. If you want to "give them a break" because they're family, do something nice after the sale, or help them with the downpayment. Once they buy the house it should be theirs, free and clear of any guilt trips.

3) Suggest that the buyer look into 203K financing. 203K's allow the buyer to borrow the money they need for repairs too. If you are expecting them to do the repairs, expect them to pay less. That's how it would work if they weren't family.

4) If they can't buy the house without the price being rock bottom, then don't sell it to them right now. Offer to let them lease it. They could do the repairs, live in it, and a portion of their rent (plus the cost of repairs) could be applied to their "downpayment". Agree on the price and conditions before they move in, put it all in writing, and stick to the plan. If they back out down the road, the money spent is forfeit (just like rent).

Good luck,

El Brant
Wilkinson & Associates
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can best advise as it relates to your specific situation.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2007
Ian A. Wolf answered:
North Carolina is a tax deed state, which means you can purchase the property in a local tax sale. Contact the municiplaity tax office for info on when they are being held and details on how they work. Go to a few first so you are familiar with them. They are very interesting. The below website will give you more detailed info. The trick is to find a home where there is enough equity and the owner can't come up with the money to redeem the taxes. You will not be the only one at these sales, many savy investors attend these so try to learn as much as you can before buying. Hope that helps. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Clinton Zip Codes