Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Clay County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Mon Jul 31, 2017
Chuckwright1963 asked:
Sun Aug 23, 2015
Christopher Gately answered:
Wed Apr 22, 2015
Sandy Kay Low asked:
Thu Apr 2, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Are you listed with an agent? If so, they can and should take care of this for you. Trulia does not accept FSBO listings. There are sites that do, but if you posted here and on every other site that allows you to, you won't get the level of exposure that listing with a great local agent and appearing on your local MLS will get you.

A great agent is worth more than their commission, but a bad one or none at all can cost you way more than just a commission. Consider discussing your options with someone worth working with and then do whatever you feel is in your best interest. Best of luck however you proceed.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Mortgage Girl answered:
I am a lender and underwriter it is not lender policty it is FHA, Fannie and Freddie. If you are going FHA yes they will have to be settled but, you can usually pay off 50% of the balance. Conventional you most likely will not have to. It helps if you have compensating factors, such as high mid score, assets, job time, bigger down payment.

email: for more help
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 22, 2009
Bay Jackson answered:
You can access the National Association of Realtors Issue Brief on my website, which compares the guidelines for both the first-time homebuyer tax credit as well as the new tax credit for homeowners. I hope you will find this information useful. It is always wise to consult your accountant before making a final decision, make sure they have educated themselves with the recent changes to the law. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 5, 2009
Lew Corcoran answered:
If you meet the income and first-time homebuyer guidelines, then you might be able to qualify for the first-time homebuyer tax credit. After you purchase a home, you will have to file a tax return to receive your tax credit. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 12, 2009
Robert Greenblatt answered:
Hi Vinny. Remember, today's value is based on today's market. The purchase price in 2006 has nothing to do with today. It may have been a great deal or over-priced. A local real estate agent can supply you with comparable sales based on the current market. With that information in-hand, you can make an informed decision about the value. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 12, 2009
Robert Greenblatt answered:
Hi Vinny. Yes, most states have this information posted on-line. Try "Googling" Tax Records...for your area.
You can also find this information at the local court house. And, you can also ask a local real estate agent to look it up on-line. The information you are looking for is considered public record.

Robert Greenblatt
Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Clay County