Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Clark County : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 111
Mon Jan 15, 2018
Frank S. answered:
Hello Mandy, no you should call the place and see what they decided to know from the horses mouth. You should study RENT vs BUY listings to compare payments. You may qualify to buy and pay less than rent in Las Vegas.

The rentals in 89149 zip code start from $798 for 1bd 1ba apt, from $975 for 2bd 2ba apt and the single family homes start from $1,200 for 3bd 2.5ba home. The purchase in 89149 zip code start from 129k for 2bd 2ba condo and the single family homes start from 220k-225k for 3bd 2.5ba home.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment you are looking to afford you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 29, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
I'm a former realtor but typically the word "courtesy" means free. So to me a courtesy listing means the seller refuses to pay a commission or referral fee. Are you 100% positive the family friend will pay a referral fee or commission? I would get something in writing to verify this because you don't want to move forward and then "oops".

Are you the Broker in Charge or Office Manager or is there a Broker you report to. Remember all listings are the property of the brokerage, so I would verify with my broker or office manager to make sure a courtesy listing is permitted on your MLS. You don't want to have issues with the MLS.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 28, 2017
AB asked:
Private owner had initial cheap company clean but terrible job. Landlord aware I had another company come out and do enzyme treatment 1st time and is willing to clean again/pull carpet to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 8, 2017
Clsandoval65 asked:
this is for long term rental per month as well as airbnb short term if legal
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 29, 2017
Gflore1010 answered:
As a tenant, I left my rental property in great condition with no damage or need for cleaning. The carpet was cleaned. My security deposit was returned minus quite a few deductions without receipts. The owner did not think the professional cleaning of the carpet met his requirements and said he had it done again. He has had work done made several deductions and not provided any work receipts . The residence is in South Florida. What must I do to get my full deposit back which I badly need. I assume I must go to small claims court. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 15, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:
Good Morning,

Here in Las Vegas, the credit application process typically takes about 2 business days. The property management companies can get the credit reports in fairly quickly. However, what usually hold it up is when they are waiting to hear back from your prior landlord.

If you have a good relationship with that person, you should give them a call and ask them to respond quickly for you. The rental market is hot in Vegas right now and you don't want to miss out on a property because they are waiting for a call back...

Have you considered buying a home ? I have helped many clients get into a 'New Home" with about the same or less amount of money then they would put down for rental property.
If this interests you,... just give me a call and I can help get you on the path to owning your own home ...!!!

I hope this helps,... Good Luck To You...!!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 17, 2017
Kimberley Figueroa asked:
I need a 3 bedroom with No credit check. Good steady income just need a place to work with me while i repair my credit
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 12, 2017
Darlenejohnson448 asked:
and her feance both she and her feance work and i recieve disability the children consists 3boys agae 17 8 3 and one girl 1 we now live in a 2 bedroom apartment
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 14, 2017
Jimmy K answered:
Contact a Real Estate Agent. They can search listings for you and it usually costs you nothing because we get a commission for bringing renters most of the time. If you need help reach out to me. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2016
Michael Prescott answered:
In some circumstances YES! If the Realtor has a signed power of attorney to act on his clients behalf. This is the simplest answer without getting to legal.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Tigermother answered:
Just pay the rent.

Otherwise, your credit record is severely affected and will take many years to restore. This will affect your career prospects, ability to find other accommodation or make large purchases such as a car. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Frankie answered:
I don't really know the rental laws in LV, but I would suggest that you write a letter to the home owner/management company stating that if the a/c isn't fixed by (insert date here) then you will be forced to hire a company to fix it yourself and then have that amount removed from the rent.

Also, if it is a hazard (which is probably is since you have an infant) - I would contact:

Southern Nevada Health District • (702) 759-1000

And report the owner.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 27, 2016
Tim Counts asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 25, 2016
Las711 answered:
How do I remove my Daughters boyfriend from my rental home that she lives in
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
N1ckcash2016 asked:
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice