Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Clark County : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2,065
Fri Apr 21, 2017
Dan Tabit answered:
Every agent reports to a managing broker. If you don't like their behavior, report them. The managing broker may either correct the behavior or assign you a better agent. Sorry this happened. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 20, 2017
Colleen Hollenbeck asked:
I watched a house for weeks on your site always saying it was "for sale"' while in fact it was sold. If a house on your site says "for sale'', I find it shady,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 16, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:
Hello Michelle,

Are you looking to rent or purchase ?
I can help with either.

Please contact me when you have a moment and we can get things started.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 16, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
In my state the lease must be honored. I assume it's the same in NY but best to ask a local Realtor.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 16, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:

This Trulia site contains a mixture of properties both with and without HOA's.

I see that you have a New York Location.
What you are going to need is information and I can certainly provide plenty of that.

If you are looking for a specific criteria I would be happy to set you up with a search engine with updated listings of homes that suit your taste and needs.

I can also provide research links to help get you started.

Feel free to contact me when you have a moment and I will help to set you on the path to "Home Ownership" in Las Vegas...!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 15, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
In most cases (probably all) down payment assistance programs require a minimum credit score and have income limits to be eligible. You can check with your county / state online or call and find out yourself.

If you need assistance with down payment and closing costs because you don't have any cash saved, then you are not ready to buy a home. You need to learn that after you move in, you will be responsible to pay for:

Mortgage loan
Property taxes
Homeowners insurance

If the above is more than your monthly rent, how will you pay for it? Things do go wrong in a home and if it's not fixed immediately, the repairs do get worse and more expensive. It would be wise to continue renting and save money for a down payment + closing costs. The minimum down payment required is 3.5% with an FHA loan. You don't need to have 20% down payment. However, be aware you will be required to pay for mortgage insurance.

I agree with Hank that if you plan to buy a new build home, WARNING - builders use contracts that are written by lawyers to protect them - not the buyer. They do not use the state contract used by realtors. Briefly the builders contracts have a clause that states - if anything goes wrong while building the home, the builder is NOT responsible. Builders do not want you to sue after you sign the contract. You are free to take the contract to your attorney before you sign it, but don't expect the builder to agree to it. What an experienced realtor can do on your first visit is negotiate so that you, the buyer can get some benefits to outweigh the terms of the contract.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 15, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:
Good Morning,

Most lenders will let you finance a home after a 2 year period provided you kept your credit up and have made timely payments to your creditors between then and now. However, what most people don't realize is that their are Lenders who will finance you a home immediately after a short sale if you kept up on the Mortgage/Loan payments right up to the closing of the transaction..

If you ever need the services of a "Buyer's Agent",.. I'm just a phone call away..!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 13, 2017
Mwmorrow1 answered:
I'm guessing someone's already addressed this, but we're needing to 'downsize.' We're retired, and want/need to sell our large Portland Foursquare--too much house for us, and purchase something smaller, with bedroom/bath on the main floor.
We are lucky to live in one of the hottest (re appreciation) markets in the country, which is good for selling but not so much for buying. Here's the issue, addressing the question:
We have a very unpredictable leader right now, and as everyone knows, "markets hate unpredictability." What does this have to do with buying a house? Simple: Interest rates.
I'm old enough to remember the insanity of the late 70s/early 80s when mortgage rates hit double figures. We've had several years of very low, very stable interest rates, but that could change on a dime.
The difference between a 4% loan and a 6% loan, on a $350K mortgage, is over $400 a month, which is appreciable for many buyers. And higher than 6% it gets even worse.
The Fed IS raising interest rates, though slowly. But some unexpected incident that rattles financial markets, in addition to sending Dow/NASDAC et all tumbling, could cause quick increases in interest rates. It's bad economics, but markets often make mistakes.

So...should we wait a year or two to buy? Interest rates will almost definitely not go down, and will almost certainly go up--it's just a question of how much.
... more
0 votes 176 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 5, 2017
Michael Pyles asked:
I am considering buying a low priced condo in a complex built in 1971. I want to live there indefinitely so I'm not so concerned about resale value. However I am concerned about maintenance…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 3, 2017
Maricris A answered:

I sent an email to you about this concern.


Consumer Care advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 31, 2017
Ron asked:
I got 20 percent downpayment. has good credit has solid income. Looking for a construction owner occupied loan
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 28, 2017
Ron answered:
In addition, I have like 6 months reserve left even with the 20 percent downpayment and on my co-signer probably more than 18 months in reserve. Only asset are from my co-signer. She owns a 200k house. Anyone who can help me, please leave your contacts I will call you asap ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 27, 2017
Kuga Adela answered:
My name is Adela Kuga and I would like to know if any agent/investor is looking for General Contractor. Our company specializes in remodeling and rehab of REO properties as well as maintenance of rental properties . We are insured, bonded and licensed. Please let me know if you are looking for a GC or if there is a application for us to do business with you. Thank you.

Adela Kuga
Velja Contracting LLC
421 Brighton Rd 89145
Las Vegas NV
... more
0 votes 37 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 26, 2017
Homebuyer asked:
My husband and I are interested in a SFR HUD Property listed in Las Vegas, Nv.

Since on HUD properties the amounts paid to the listing and selling (buyer) agent do count and can make…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 22, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:

I would suggest starting with the Title Company that held escrow and handled the transaction. It was part of their responsibility to obtain a demand from the HOA stating what was due in Fees to bring the property up to date. It could be a simple communication issue...

I hope this helps... Good Luck...!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 22, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:
Hello Jayne,

Here is a link on my website that may help to answer your question. This "Crime Mapping" link is address specific and loaded with great information on area properties...

If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to call or email me at anytime..!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 22, 2017
Hank Lauzon answered:
Good Afternoon,

My first question is... Are you being represented by a buyer's agent? That is the first person you should go to for advice. If not, then you should keep in mind that you are dealing directly with the agent who ( when the home was listed ) was representing the seller. Now if he is representing you as well, you would have signed a "Consent to act" form which gives that agent the authorization to act for both parties otherwise known as "Duel Agency". Some people and many states consider this a "Conflict of Interest" as the agent in question has to look out for the interest of both parties. Keeping this in mind you need to be aware that as long as that agent is representing you, it is his/her fiduciary duty to guide and advise you as best as possible to protect your interests.

Long story short,... you can not be forced into paying closing costs if it was not agreed upon in the initial contract. Based on your agents advice,.. you need to make the choice that works best for you and your agent needs to move forward with your decision.

If this deal doesn't work out for you, I would strongly suggest using the services of a buyer's agent on the next transaction.

If I can be of service to you in the future.. I'm just a phone call away..!

I hope this helps... good luck to you...!!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Nakia Woodson answered:
Contact me. I will be glad to assist you.


Nakia Woodson
Keller Williams The Marketplace One
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice