Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Clark County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Thu Feb 16, 2017
Cthaney962 asked:
With a possibility of 4 bedrooms In the Clark County or Cowlitz County and the near by surrounding areas.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 12, 2017
Melissa Cox asked:
I currently make 42,000 annually, which is more then assisted living for apartments, but less then required for most 3 bedroom rentals, in the Vancouver area. I have three children and that…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 30, 2015
Christopher Watkins answered:

I hope all is well. As with all areas, Vancouver has some really nice spots and some spots I would say to stay away from. I am going to defer this question to a Real Estate Agent. I know one - His name is David Korniyenko and he is with Cano Real Estate in Vancouver. His number is (360) 521-1973 and his office line is (360) 313-7870. If you are looking to get Pre-Qualified for a loan, please feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Best of luck and welcome if you do make over on this side!

Christopher Watkins
| Manager | Mortgage Loan Advisor | NMLS # 555103 |
| Sierra Pacific Mortgage |

| 21520 30th Drive SE Suite 101 |
| Bothell, WA 98021 |
| Office: 425.951.6194 |
| Cell Ph: 503.804.4379 |
| FAX: 425.332.7212 |
| Email: |
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 16, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
Just to be more specific than what Jenna mentioned, Oregon has an income tax. You can avoid that if you don't live or work in Oregon.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 25, 2014
Emily Marlow answered:
I suggest looking in Camas or Washougal. Rent prices tend to be lower and the natural surroundings you mentioned you like are unmatched in the area. There are many nature trails, parks, and also a small downtown community with great shops and restaurants within walking distance!

Best of luck and welcome to town!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun May 25, 2014
Emily Marlow answered:
I suggest looking in Downtown Vancouver. There is a rich sense of community and also a park that features a Farmers Market during the summer months, many great coffee shops, antique stores, and events such as free concerts in the park!

If you are looking for a community with a slower pace look in Camas, Washington. Just 10 miles down highway 14 it is a small tight knit community (and also the place I call home). Many wonderful restaurants, parks, and events happening year round.

Good Luck on your home search!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Cathy Bergen answered:
Yes! We have some wonderful upscale higher end homes located in beautiful neighborhoods all close to restaurants, shopping, parks, and incredible schools. I would start in the Camas, East Vancouver area and work from there. I know you get lots of responses but if you would like to take some time and visit these areas I would be more than happy to spend some time and show you the area. Are you moving up from California? I did so about 10 years ago and I am in love with the Pacific Northwest! Feel free to call or email if you would like to chat a little. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Paul W Thompson answered:
I also would recommend Samantha Snider. I like the fact that she is smaller and local and not a part of a franchise like Merry Maids which are good but charge and arm and a leg. Samantha is reasonable and thorough. Call her at 360-609-1801 or 360-448-2271. It is Pro Care Cleaning.

Paul W. Thompson
Mortgage Consultant
HomeStreet Bank
NMLS #404052
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 6, 2012
Megan Paul answered:

You will be amazed at all the kayaking spots. Ridgefield is only one, but a pretty good place, especially if you live there.

I have had a lot of interest in Ridgefield this year from first time home buyers and buyers who sold and have been sitting on the sidelines. Why? USDA loans. Ridgefield is a short easy commute to Vancouver, close to I-5, has great schools the Columbia River is right there and a jumping off point for kayaking fishing, an incredible bird sanctuary and the Old Liberty Theater brings in great entertainment for the locals.

I'm working with families building new energy efficient homes, buying traditional homes in incredible shape, bank owned, short sales, investor owned. As long as the home and the home buyer meet the criteria, USDA considers most homes equal. PS: Don't think you shouldn't have a Realtor with you when you walk through that beautiful brand new model home. Yes, we do work with the builders and yes we comp their sales and know their staff. A good Realtor will help you build the home of your dreams. Most importantly a good Realtor stays with you all the way through the build, keeping a close eye on everything that goes on, attending the pre-build meeting with the superintendent and visit the progress with you many times along the way until we get move-in approval and the home inspected making sure your home was built as required and includes everything you paid for. Yes, I insist my clients do home inspections on new construction. Building a new home is fun plus incredibly stressful, it is better when you have a neutral third party on your side.

The USDA Loan is 100% financing, and no down payment is required. The "Base" loan amount may not exceed 100% of the appraised value. However, the guarantee fee (the USDA Form of PMI-Private Mortgage Insurance) may be included in the Total Loan Amount. You can also wrap closing costs in, which can give you, the buyer, a better negotiating tool when you find a home and begin negotiations. This area is currently heavy on the seller giving closing costs, which means any buyer that is willing to carry those costs is going to have a better opportunity should your home choice have more than one offer.

The property must be located within the USDA "footprint" for that area, which right now, is subject to change in March, 2013. The buyer must also meet the Maximum Income requirements for that location. These loans are not limited to First Time Home Buyers, but are for owner occupancy only - not Investment or Second Homes. Eligible property types include existing homes, new construction, modular homes, Planned Unit Developments (PUD’s), eligible condominiums and new manufactured homes.

Check out the trends and give me a call. I'm commuting to Ridgefield all the time!
... more
2 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Debbie Salmon answered:
i work with alot of investors and they like every area wherever the deals are and they can make the most money on a flip .. most of them are buying at the auctions at the courthouse that is where the best deals are .. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Gloria Matthews answered:
I copied this from a previous parking issue that relates to the code in residential areas, section 20.83 of the code:

Per VMC 20.81.440A, anyoff-street parking area shall be effectivelyscreened byasite-obscuringfence, hedge, or planting on each side which adjoins property situated in an R District, or the premises of any school or like institution, as provided in Chapter 20.83. Screening along public streets shall be 3 feet in height. Screening between properties shall be 6 feet in height.

here is another link/post: Page 1 of 3 March 12, 2007 Community Planning Department PO Box ... ... crime homeless and police presence • Transportation issues including parking, signage,
sidewalks ... With city rules regarding fences and storage yards it is ...

this should get you started
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Gloria Matthews answered:
Hi Terri,

In your web browser, you can enter "city of vancouver, code" if in fact you are in the city. Give them a call. Beyond that your CCR's (available thru a title company) generally provides the individual property use guidelines for your neighborhood. Thats where it can say "no basket ball hoops" etc.

It is private property, ...but private property rights are generally subject to rules of the city/county, and then the CCR's Conditions, Covenants and Restrictions. Keep in mind there is also a difference between "parking" and "abandonded vehicle".

good luck
Gloria Matthews
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
General Area in Popular Cities in Clark County