Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

45223 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Wed Apr 8, 2015
brenda hall answered:
im lookin for a 1 bedroom in northside i have no car so off hamiltion ave or around there i can catch buses maybe a balconia
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 9, 2011
Brian McConnell answered:
If the home is residential, you will need a residential contract, you will need a property disclosure and a lead based paint disclosure if the home will built before 1978. You will want to run comps in the area just to see what kind of prices your home can bring. Are you going to offer a home warranty, are you going to offer to pay the title insurance, whats appliance are include in the sale of your home. Are you going to offer the Buyers Realtor anything because if you don't then a Realtor probably won't bring any clients by. If you sell it your self with out using some of the Realtor's services then it wont be put on the MLS and that is where you want it to be. There are limited services available out there that can help you save money, I offer the Limited services too. When your filling out your property disclosure you HAVE to be HONEST and tell whats wrong with the property. It's great if you want to sell the home by yourself, there is nothing wrong with trying to save money but a Realtor will guide you through the entire process. I cut my commission rates down if your looking to buy a home too. I don't believe in charging 6 or 7% and I offer full service. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 20, 2009
Get-smart answered:
you can go to any office supply store for the basic contracts to sell your own house. agents may try to talk about disclosures but if you link up with the right attorney they will provide you the disclosures you need to be compliant with the law. savvy sellers go the for sale by owner route especially during tough times like these because real estate agents aren't selling many houses maybe around 7% of the homes on the market are sold by real estate agents. the rest of their listings sit on the market month after month.

if your house was built before 1982 make sure you have a lead paint disclosure. i used the 1982 reference just to be sure for your area. get your hands on a purchase and sales agreement or standard purchase agreement and sell your house. there are many names for these agreements.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2008
Tina Turner answered:
Unfortunately, since you just bought it just two years ago, there has been no real increase in value. In Northside, there are a couple of groups that are buying property and either rehabbing or building new. If it has been torn down, you might be able to get back what you paid for it two years ago. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice