Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Chula Vista : Real Estate Advice

  • All388
  • Local Info20
  • Home Buying99
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 325
Fri Jan 20, 2017
Angelica P answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 31, 2016
Mike Lewis answered:
Shellie, The best way to get your home's value is to have a local agent help you. There are many computerized home value estimators but the most accurate way to get a proper value on your property is from a local real estate agent. An agent will look at homes that have recently sold, currently in escrow and what is available on the market for sale. The agent will look at properties similar to yours in close proximity to do a CMA Comparative Market Analysis.
The agent will need to see your property to look at condition, upgrades, yard, landscaping etc... to place the proper value on your home. It also matters who you hire to sell your home. Establishing value is one thing - getting top-dollar takes an agent that knows how to market your property to get it in front of as many potential buyers as possible. That's where hiring a real professional is important.
I would love to give you a free home analysis of your property. If you would like that then please contact me at 619-981-3918 or visit my website at
Mike Lewis - The Lewis Team at Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 25, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
Yes, appraiser will give you the value of your home. Appraiser will compare your home (called subject property) to others in a similar area/subdivision with almost the same upgrades. Adjustment is done accordingly depending whether the subject property is superior or inferior compared to the comps.

I hope this makes sense!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 21, 2016
Maria Cunningham asked:
Wed Aug 10, 2016
juanita0309 asked:
Can the City call me on it, will they consider this as a "fourth" unit? as the building is permitted as 3 units, this is a bedroom with it's own bathroom and a wet bar.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 6, 2016
Arpad Racz answered:
Wed May 25, 2016
Idry7 answered:
Hi, I have a home for rent in East Lake, is a gated community and a quite neighbor. 1165 Pacific grove loop, Chula vista CA 91915. Call for more information 619-862-7117 Adriana Kleber. Thank You ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 10, 2016
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Amoakopearl, you can immediately but. You may have to go with joint entitlement which may be an issue with VA but it should be fine with CalVet which is one of my specialties. I am also a Veteran and love assisting Veterans.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and consider. Here are some links to study about me as well as web reference links to many loan programs...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2016
Dolphinsofia2013 asked:
Mon Feb 29, 2016
Peter Carlseen answered:
Wed Feb 17, 2016
MyPrimeHomeLoan answered:
You can use both, yours and your fiancé's income to qualify and your credit. If your fiancé has no tradelines/ credit entries, we have a company that can accomplish that for them IF needed.
I am a local lender right here in San Diego, so feel free to call us and we can help you get started! 1(855)692-3856 x 102
-Kevin Wells, LLC NMLS 1359228
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 16, 2016
Daniel De Leon answered:
How is rent to own a scam?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 29, 2016
Jen Bachtold asked:
Would like a newer 3-4 bedroom home in $2500 range with a yard and a lawn for my dog. Please help! Everything I find seems to be rented already!
1 vote 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 23, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

Starting with obtaining a loan approval would be a good move.

All the best,

0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 24, 2015
John Arendsen answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 24, 2015
Jim Simms answered:
Is it within commuting distance? Will your income continue for at least 3 years after you move into the home? I would require a written VOE instead of a verbal so your employer is responsible for the answer to that last question.

You can’t use an FHA unless you are moving in right away, hence the questions about distance, income, etc. On a conventional loan you could ask for what is called a mortgage for a second home. They will still ask about the likelihood of income.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 17, 2015
Cindy Davis answered:
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Michelle Limon answered:

I do not understand the question on the "Escrow Profile" Here is my number and I can help walk you through the VA process. 619-869-0548
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice