Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Chicago : Real Estate Advice

  • All5K
  • Local Info378
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling273
  • Market Conditions100

Activity 38
Sat Nov 4, 2017
Diane_avila answered:
I have a 3 bedroom for rent in Blue Island, IL for $1300. Email me at
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 1, 2017
Morrisparks21 answered:
How can I remove my name from public records so that my name,addresses etc is no longer easy to access on line?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2016
Jjreyram answered:
Mon Apr 4, 2016
Sheila Jones asked:
Mon Apr 4, 2016
Sheila Jones asked:
Sat Apr 2, 2016
Samira2424 answered:
I have a great recommendation if your concerned about your credit report and score. Call 1-800-368-4193 make sure you ask for Alicia. Worked with her last year to help remove inaccurate items on my credit report. When I was first referred to her my score was 480, 432 & 466 after 1 month it went up 39 points and in about 5 months 109 points. She is very knowledgeable on ways to legally make both the credit bureaus and creditors do the right thing, and in doing so the items fell off my credit report its been 9 months now I'm at 755 750 and 720 with Experian, but I'm still a satisfied client all I did was follow her advice. Oh she also has portal access so I saw exactly what was being done with my credit and I was able to message her when I had questions from within the portal. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2016
Kynuts99 asked:
Fri Aug 14, 2015
Randy Stoker answered:
Rental listings are posted through; a company owned by Zillow that also now owns Trulia. Go back to your log-on page and delete the posting. Your rental listing will be removed from Trulia, Zillow and several other websites within 48 hours. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 6, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
Sun Jun 14, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
Tax records, snail mail, there are many ways.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 11, 2015
Raleigh Homer answered:
It's a lot easier to just use a title company, especially when it's a higher-end property that requires a major investment and you have money to spare.

If you want to find out yourself, you can get an online report within few minutes on website such as or

You can download a title report that has mortgage record, ownership history, delinquent taxes even liens and foreclosure information.
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 22, 2014
Bev West answered:
Talk to some Realtors. A lot of them have access to hard money lenders. Good luck.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 13, 2014
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hello Ming and Steve,

Nathan from Trulia here. Please follow the steps below to make changes to your email address, personal information, and more:

1. Log into your Trulia account with your primary email address and password.

2. Hover your mouse indicator over your name in the top right hand corner of the page and click on "Profile" from the drop down menu that appears.

3. Some sections can be edited directly on the profile page. Click the “About” tab, hover your mouse over the section you want to edit, and click the blue “Edit” link to the right.

4. To edit email addresses, passwords, and personal info, click on the “Settings” button near the top right corner of your profile.

5. Click on the title (Email Addresses and Facebook Connect, Password, Personal Information) for each section you would like to update.

6. Be sure to save your changes at the bottom of each section when your update is complete.

If you have additional questions, please visit our help center here:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 12, 2014
BJ Tregoning answered:
I would love to help!
Bj Tregoning
Organic Realty
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Manuel Brown answered:
Dear Renter,

I am so sorry to hear the situation you are in. This year alone I have helped two people whose buildings were sold and the new owners were asked them to vacate. I am glad to say both are living in their own homes today. You will first need to work with a mortgage lender to see what you can qualify for. My favorite is Mary Kay Laurent with Guaranteed Rate at 773-518-6859.

I only wish you situation happened in January when bank owner properties were a real deal!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Kelly Miller answered:
Yes you can. Moreover, you are a military personnel which is an added advantage. Most of the landlords would not disapprove your situation and some of them who do would demand a higher security deposit and then rent you the apartment. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice