Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Kenwood : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 15
Tue May 9, 2017
Zycarii777 answered:
Iam looking for seminar classes to get approved for a grant to help me with the down payment.I have a good credit score my income is good Iam still in the process of getting my credit repaired to be higher than 648.iam a first time home buyer.Iam looking for a class in the south suburbs of Chicago Illinois.Could you help.Thank you Lanita Harrison ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon May 9, 2016
Ams1esq asked:
Sun Aug 9, 2015
Noah Seidenberg answered:
This is an attached property, a condominium.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Matt Laricy answered:
We cant answer a question like this. But you can always look at
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Matt Laricy answered:
I would get a good leasing agent to help you find this. Its free to use their services.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 25, 2014
Juan Espinosa answered:

East of the Dan Ryan express way from E. 26th st. south to E. 51st St. From Dan Ryan and E. 51st St. it goes only to South Cottage Grove Ave. From Cottage Grove it goes towards E. Pershing Rd, from there until E. 26th St. Bronzeville goes all the way east to Lake Michigan.

Feel free to contact me if you need assistance buying in this area. Good luck.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Brock Lee answered:
Having a resource to help with HOA information and documents makes life easier for real estate agents. Recently, when selling a home in Ohio, Association Online provided me with all the HOA details for the listing, and then provided all the documents - by-laws, financial statements, covenants, etc. They made sure the package was complete, making my work easier. Their web site is well organized and very easy to use - . Call their team of experts – they are great to work with (970-226-1324). ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 31, 2013
JIM Michaels answered:
email me at and I will send you what I have on that one
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Evelyn S. Fred answered:
Hi Vanessa,

Check out this link:

Good luck and let me know if you need help.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Matt Laricy answered:
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Seth Captain answered:
Put on some nice jewelry. Talk on an iPhone, and replace your handkerchief with a twenty dollar bill. Walk to the train station. You'll have a good idea what safety is like when you get there. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Bill J Deligiannis answered:
Get Pre Approved first so you know how much you can afford.

Then, work with a Realtor. Many properties exist, but keep in mind that even though you may qualify for the loan, the property may be in such disrepair that the bank will not loan money for it. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 4, 2011
Accurate Inspections & Consulting answered:
Under Receivership all owners do NOT lose everything. As much as some people like to complain about receiverships they are a vital and necessary tool for the City and Housing Court to deal with particular building and association issues.
First off the City is not interested in taking your building away. That is a common misperception by people because they don't understand the process. Because of the court case it may seem like the City is trying to take the building. However, the City's interest is to get the building stabilized and safe. Those two conditions can of course cover a wide range of actions.
Just because the building goes into Receivership does NOT mean you lose legal ownership interest in your share of the building. You retain your legal ownership rights, those are NOT voided or canceled out in any way (so long as the Receivers costs are paid).
If the City is seeking to appoint a Receiver, then there are serious issues at this building. The City doesn't do this because they have nothing better to do. There are a number of important issues that come along with this type of situation. I suggest you contact an experienced Housing Court attorney. I have a couple listed on my website. You can also give me a call to discuss general questions.
It is important to understand that this is typically a long process. People may or may not have to vacate the building. There are likely to be major costs involved. The City typically wants a Receiver in place to deal with imminently dangerous building issues that current owners are either unwilling to deal with or unable to deal with.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Marco Gomez & The Reach Team answered:
Call one of the Trulia agents in Chicago.

Marco Gomez
NYS Associate Broker
Keller Williams Landmark II
Serving Queens, Brooklyn & Nassau
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Daniel Cullen answered:
The second exit is typically a set of spiral stairs or a series of stiles that run across the adjacent unit's rooftops to a common interior or exterior stair system. The higher end condos nowadays have two separate interior common stairways each of which gives full access from the roof to the ground floor. The intent of the code is to prevent an occupant from being stranded on the roof of a building on fire and having no way down other than a rapid, gravity assisted, uncontrolled descent. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice