Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

46304 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 22
Wed Jun 28, 2017
Reecebrennan asked:
Thu Feb 23, 2017
Hello, I can lend nationwide and we do FHA construction loans.

I'm avialable almost 24/7.

If you would like help with this you are welcome to contact me.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 31, 2016
Dawn Nye answered:
I posted a comment earlier, and I want to add this note. Anyone who is willing, should file a complaint.
US Department Of Veterans affairs
Concerned Home Owner
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 9, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We didn't get enough information about your problem to resolve the issue. Please provide us with complete property address and we will be happy to assist you.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 23, 2016
Tami.hagberg asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Ryan asked:
I'm a mature male looking to RENT a 2 bed home or townhome in Chesterton or nearby area. I have a small 13-year old beagle mix who would love a fenced yard. I've looked at rentals…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Cole Haynes answered:
You should be able to find some here:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Michelle Biggs answered:
Since it seems like a bit too late to phone anyone, I will leave my email - Besides from what I've already said, I also want a yard and a fireplace would be lovely. Thank you again ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri May 31, 2013
Dan Woods answered:
I would certainly encourage you to find the appropriate professionals to help you through the process both legal and real estate. Without knowing more about the property and it's current condition it is difficult to give you a specific time-frame. If you are paying cash it could go fairly quick, but you will probably want to get some Title Work done which may take some time depending on the status of the title. You should get legal council, if you don't have already, and get in touch with the agent. You should also understand if there are any zoning/easements that place restrictions on the property and that might prohibit the placement of a manufactured home.

Hope that helps, keep us updated as you contact the agent.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Ted Esquibel answered:
We finance distressed properties and offer a no credit/no employment verification home loan for Indiana Owner Occupiers. We do require 35% down, so if that's something that would work for you, please let me know. We do not have a pre payment penalty, so you can always refinance out of our loan when you can qualify for traditional financing.


Ted E.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Christine McDaniel answered:
Hi Icehouse,

I would recommend the following:

Mike Forrest and Jim Forrest with Real Estate Resource - Valparaiso (219) 488-0322
These guys have done VA and USDA loans for my clients.

Ryan Eberhardt or Robby Rudd - Diamond Residential - Valparaiso (219) 548-2299

John Breckenridge - People's Bank - Valparaiso (219) 670-6403

Give them a call. It only takes your time to call, doesn't cost anything. They're all great lenders. See who you're most comfortable with. You'll know when it's a right fit just like finding a home.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Jeff and Kaye Piggot answered:
You can absolutely use those funds. Just remember to keep a paper trail (all written evidence), of all of those funds. You need to have verifiable proof of where the funds came from and that they are your funds. The mortgage company is concerned about funds to that they know they did not come from a loan that was not disclosed. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Christine McDaniel answered:
Hi Icehouse,

I'd like to recommend the following:

Mike Forrest, Real Estate Resource, Valparaiso 708-268-9411. He works with 40 different banks and can get the best rate.

The VA loan is the best type of loan you can get. It is a no money down loan, they limit the fees the buyer can pay and you have earned it!

I also work in the Chesterton area if you are not working with a real estate agent yet.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Bill & Rachel Port answered:
You sure can. Let me know where you are looking and I'll be glad to help you find a good lender or agent in your area.
Bill Port
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 12, 2012
fliphouses answered:
I suggest you contact the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency about the listing broker, people like that do not need to have a real estate license.

goto at the bottom is a link to file a complaint with the state. I see this quite often, i filed a complaint about a broker not too long ago and with Fannie Mae about a broker that wouldnt give me acces to a house, low priced houses pay around $1,200 to each the selling broker and listing broker, the listing brokers try to avoid splitting the commission since it is low. That is WRONG they should not be doing that. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 13, 2011
Christine McDaniel answered:
Hi Unclebob,

The home sold for $295,000. There are a few similar homes in Chesterton one on Windridge, a couple on Pinehurst, one on Birdie Way and one on Westwood. If you'd like me to send them to you, email me.

Good Luck,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 26, 2010
John Walin answered:
You have no obligation to divulge to the first offer that a subsequent offer came in, or notify buyer 1 that it is now a multiple offer after 2nd offer came in. Often buyers pull out if it becomes a bidding war, so you don't want to lose the first full priced offer if it is the stronger of the two offers and leave you with one written offer on the table from a buyer then who has the power. Best bet is to negotiate with 2nd offer without announcing it to the first offer Unless the first offer has a home sale contingency I would not tell them about offer number 2. Don't focus on price so much, focus on terms! A cleaner deal at the same price is better than a higher offer with more hurdles or contingencies.

I like the idea of offering backup offer to keep the winning offer in line with home inspection issues.

Assuming you have an agent, and this isn't a dual agency situation with one of the offers, follow your agents counsul.

If you like my answer, please check best answer - thanks!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Dave Casbon answered:
Call me. Ive been working with 3 "rehabbers" looking for the same.
Dave Casbon
Coldwell Banker Residential
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 19, 2009
Erik, here is a direct link for the IRS' website regarding the credit.
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 2, 2009
Tami Bianco answered:
My own personal home was assessed at $75,000 more than the prior year, so I understand your frustration. You have the right to appeal however, I believe the deadline was April 13th, 2009 for the 2007 payable 2008 taxes. You can contact the Porter County Auditor's office to confirm that. To my understanding you do not have to have an appraisal but, you do have to have some strong SOLD comparables in your neighborhood to justify your request. You may want to read up on the new "trending" values by going to the local newpaper Internet sites and searching. Also, go to, our local government site to read up on the latest in property taxes and to view your neighbors assessed values for comparison. Rest assured you are not alone with this. I read in the paper where 1200 people appealed their taxes in Porter County this year. Best wishes! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice