Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Cheshire : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Sat Jul 23, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
If you are working with a Realtor they should be able to assist you with an attorney name(s)

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Anne Meczywor answered:
I grew up in Cheshire! I hope you are settled in and all worked out well. BUT, for the benefit of others....

What did your attorney say? On your P&S, if it is the Standard Berkshire County P&S, there is a section that says if the Title V does not pass by a certain date, the buyer has a right to back out of the agreement and get deposits returned. However, the buyer must exercise the right to back out, or else they are saying "OK, I know it failed, and I am willing to take it that way anyway." Did you renegotiate with the seller when the Title V failed? What did the two of you agree to, and DID YOU PUT IT IN WRITING? A buyer agent would have kept on top of this and made sure that the end result was acceptable to you.

As stated by another respondant, the seller is NOT obligated to correct the problem unless the two of you agreed that he would to keep the sale going. The problem must be corrected within tow years of failing, so it could end up being entirely the buyer's responsibility. It sounds like the seller was willing to cover half the cost of correcting the septic issue, which is better than he was required to do.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Cheshire Zip Codes