Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Cerritos : Real Estate Advice

  • All96
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying26
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 4
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Gabino_Barrera answered:
Sat Jul 11, 2009
Keith Sorem answered:
You don't need to be a broker to call the CAR legal hotline. Just call them.

However, you should know that a check is "an order to pay". I am not an attorney, this is not legal advice, however because you wrote them a check, I would be surprised if you did not have some obligation to make the check good.

OTOH, you may legally pay a principle to a transaction part of your commission. However, the question gets back to "why would you"?

My two cents is to talk with your broker so they are in the loop, but this is your problem. Try to negotiate a lower amount, explain your situation. Often giving somebody something works far better than trying to reneg on your word.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:
You can use packages such as tool kit cma to prepare a nice pdf with the info you put in but I agree. It doesnt matter how pretty it is, its how well you know your stuff that matters.

I dont even bring stuff with me to get listings in terms of a formal package. I bring clients properties and show the prospective client what I am doing for them now.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 7, 2009
Michael Ford answered:
to expand on my prior CALIFORNIA, where we are, such fees ARE legal.

to assert a claim you will want to be sure that you didn't do ANYTHING except deliver a name and a phone number...otherwise you might get tagged with operating without a license...and have some of the same problems as your might want to get some legal advice here so you don't step into a minefield.

if you have a fee coming legitimately (and you are not guilty of engaging in licensed activity without a license) then you should pursue it.

since it was your sister can you tell your mom? teasing.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Cerritos Zip Codes