Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

11720 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Tue May 3, 2016
MCM_STL answered:
It doesn't matter if you're on septic or a public sewer line, you should **always** have a specific inspection on the plumbing leaving your house. Those are a notorious trouble spot. I'd pay thousands to have a reasonable assurance that I won't have sewage backing up into my house any time soon because of how costly the associated repairs can be but those inspections are usually a few hundred dollars. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 1, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
What does your REALTOR say? What does your contract say? Impossible for anyone here to give you a good answer since we aren't involved in your transaction and haven't seen your contract. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 18, 2016
Javier Meneses answered:
Kim, unfortunately I would say no. First, as you may already know, when you sign a contract and commit to a purchase of a foreclosure property the banks set very strict time frames for closing. If your lender does not meet these deadlines, your deposit is in jeopardy. I happen to work closely with a REO Realtor in Suffolk County, I know that some of these banks are starting to allow much more time to close on 203(K) loans. The reason is new disclosure requirements which went into effect in October, TRID. These requirements have made the lending process longer than what it used to be. There are many components to 203(k) loans, it would be risky for you to get into a contract with a month or so worth of time to start and close on such loan. If there is anything I can do to help, feel free to call me. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
98 Cuttermill Road
Great Neck, NY 11021
(516) 606-9648 cell
(516) 708-2351 office
(516) 918-5383 efax
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 13, 2015
talien16 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 30, 2014
Faytastic318 answered:
Do you have a contact number for sonyma I'm going through hell waiting on response forever....
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Jenny Su answered:
Please be careful which company you are insure with. The main purpose of insurance is to insure something you could not afford. If you are getting a low price, it does not mean it is good. Ask around to see if any friends, relatives and realtor could recommend you to a reliable and be able to pay if there is a claim, between 1100-1400 per year is reasonable, but again, choice a good insurance company is very important.
Thank you for asking the question.
Lic. real estate associate broker
Coldwell Banker Distinctive Homes
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Paul Marzolla answered:
I do work with a lender who allows 10% down and does not charge PMI. If you'd like to discuss matters further please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards,

Paul Marzolla
Loan Officer
(201) 957-6768
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Jenny Su answered:
It is a publick information. Maybe go to town to find out.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Jenny Su answered:
This is a difficult situation. You only have one way to go is moving out. It is better to seek a real estate attorney for help to see if you could get some moving fee from the bank. Now, bank is the owner. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Jenny Su answered:
I think it is very valuable to add a second full bath, because I currently have customers only look for 2 bathroom or more houses. Thanks.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Davide Salafia answered:
It's hard to say exactly if you'd get a full return. But like everyone said, if it makes your life easier go for it. The good thing is it will be more attractive to potential buyers. It may set your home apart from others! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 3, 2008
Carol Bromm answered:
The disclosure form has questions about the condition of the home and property. If the homeowner is deceased (estate) they cannot fill out the form.

Your attorney will be able to confirm this for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice