Rent average in Clinton Hill? I am moving to Clinton ill. Identified an apartment on St. James Street with 2 bedrooms and area in back for studio

Asked by lawrence.chestnut, Brooklyn, NY Tue Jul 2, 2013

Asking price is 2300. Is this normal. Walk up, one bath, sturdy, no air conditioning. Nice neighborhood (Fulton and St James._

Answers

2
Daria Kolomi…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 26, 2014
Good Afternoon! This price for your apartment is pretty good! For now, it is even hard to find 2 bdr unit in this price range. Hope you enjoy your new home!
Janine Young, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Hi Lawrence,

This sounds like a good deal for the area. It is not uncommon for renters to provide their own window units for air, and considering that this is such a good, central location where Pratt students would also live, I think the price sounds very reasonable.

I am sure that there are less expensive places that are maybe off the beaten path, or ones that are very small, or maybe "railroad" style apartments with very little privacy. I would take a look at other apartments before signing, but you never know, sometimes the first place that feels right, is right.

Thanks. I like my first choose as well. Just making sure I was not spending more than the market.
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013