Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Castaic : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Mon Dec 26, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
You can only add current listings, there is no place to add "coming soon" listings on Trulia. You can however join Active Rain, i put a free link below and then can promote "coming soon" listings there as well as click the box to feature your listings on your Active Rain page ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 1, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
Contact a lender and speak with an attorney!

I think you might be mistaken about a VA loan assumption. It is my understanding the person must qualify, but does NOT have to be a veteran. Further, in an assumption scenario, VA loan eligibility is "tied up" and can take some time to get back.

All said, I can't see an assumption is ever necessary in a foreclosure which is a process of law and right of a lien holder to protect their interest. Taking title "subject to" means just that, and any lien holders in a more senior position would have to be satisfied (brought current, paid in full, or given payments).

What happens to you (whether evicted or not), your VA loan, and your credit are reasons to speak with an attorney.

In my opinion, the HOA would not have foreclosed if they intended to leave you in the property. Also, despite being "underwater," it is possible for a junior lien holder to recover "something" on the debt owed.

Again...see an attorney.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Merlin Barrientos answered:

The property still Active. Call me I can help!

Merlin Barrientos
Realtor Associate
Realty ONE Group Solutions
661 713-8780
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 26, 2013
Carlofang answered:
SFR in Castaic are pet friendly, and most households have at least one dog and or cat. There are a few condos and high density developments with very limited yards that may not be pet appropriate. Coyotes, rattlesnakes, bobcats, racoons, opossums, are here and I have seen/trapped them in my yard, and they will get into your pet food and yard. I know people who have seen mountain lions. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
The only probalem you could have is if you buy in an HOA:
Some HOAs have several restrictions on pets; you can find this out, before you buy.
If you buy house; you will be Okay.
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Sara Mehrpouyan answered:
Hi Packard

You may want to consult with an attorney for legal advice. However, California is a one-action state. Generally speaking, it means that if they pursue a foreclosure via trustee sale, only one form of action for recovery of the debt. I suggest that you look into a short sale if you are worried about that, because we have SB458 in California. If lender accepts a short sale (1st, 2nd loans too), they cannot pursue borrower for any deficiency. Feel free to contact me any time if you're interested. Thanks.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing in Short Sale & Foreclosure
Rodeo Realty
Direct: 818-903-2040
Dre License #01712757
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Cyndi Lesinski answered:
I am currently working on obtaining a short sale approval for a client with a 1st and 2nd. Now that the 2nd is over 6 months past due, they are planning on charging it off or selling the loan. This will create a bump in the approval process. We will then start new negotiations with the company that now owns the loan. They gave the seller the option to make a payment to postpone this action. However, the seller doesn't have the cash to do so. Your Realtor will work with the negotiators and coordinate this for you. I am actually in contact with 3 different departments while addressing this situation. I know the post was in February and I am curious what the new status is? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2011
Cherrie Brown answered:
Some agents will hint to other agents what the offer might be near but in most cases the listing agent will not disclose any details of the offers in hand. If there is a relationship between the 2 agents then they may be willing to give more details. Good luck, multiple offers are stressful but at the end of the day everything works out for a reason. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 16, 2011
Emily Knell answered:
If this is the property that you REALLY want and you KNOW that your offer is in primary position & No other offers are being submitted to the bank, I strongly suggest you invest in getting your lender to order your own appraisal RIGHT NOW. And, have the listing agent submit that to the lien holder for the short sale.

Banks are outsourcing HAFA deals to 3rd party companies right now & they're going to send out their own appraiser & chances are very high the value will come back completely inflated.

You also need to ask the listing agent RIGHT NOW, if the seller has 2 loans & if that 2nd lien is higher than $100K. If it is, the likelihood of HAFA being approved will be slim to none, because the 2nd lien holder won't allow it. This is because under HAFA rules, the 1st lien holder will ONLY offer the 2nd $6,000 max.

You should also find out what type of loan the 2nd is, purchase money or equity loan. If their 2nd lien balance is less than $100K, but it is an equity loan or a cashed out refinance, it will likely be denied for HAFA because they'll want a 30% payout to release the lien paid in full & that will exceed the $6K the 1st will pay under HAFA rules.

HAFA is more or less a total failure nationally, you may be waiting 30-60 days to see if the seller is going to be HAFA approved & if they aren't, your process will start all over again, which could take another 60 days to get traditional short sale approval.
562-430-3053 cell
Realtor Since 1996
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
Hi Amarjeet,

Phone your agent and let her/he know what happened. There's no way of knowing they got your email as it might have gone to their spam folder. If you can't speak with your Realtor, leave a clear message that you have been approved for only $190,000. They can withdraw your offer.

Do you know all the facts on why your loan amount dropped? Income? Credit/FICO score? Employment history? Working with a top loan officer so you know all the facts is critical for your next transaction. Sometimes it can be as simple as correcting items on your credit so you get a higher FICO score.

Unfortunately $190,000 won't buy much in California. Call me at (661) 255-3335 so I can get your qualified for the home you want. Twelve years experience.

Cheryl Garner, Mortgage Expert
Fairview Mortgage Capital, Inc.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Andy answered:
The longest I heard was over one year. Most of them I know were 4-6 months and that depends on the lenders, especially jr liens (2nd loan, 3rd loan).

By the way, a new law about SS will be effective at Jan 1st, 2011. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
There are other factors that a bank will consider in an offer and that is your qualifications - credit, employment history, income, reserves, downpayment, and the type of loan you qualfiy for.

If that is the home you truly want, offer your absolutel best. If you can afford the closing, don't ask for it. That in itself can knock you out of the park.

My 1st home was a foreclosure. My bid was $50.00 over anyone else. But my credit, employment, and income was excellent. It can all make a difference.

Any questions, please call me at (661) 255-3335. I'd be happy to help where needed.

Cheryl Garner, Mortgage Expert
Fairview Mortgage Capital, Inc.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Scott Reiber answered:
My wife is real estate attorney and sees this kind of thing a lot. Absent of the buyers broker agreement just showing a house first is usually is not sufficient to so procuring cause. Even more so if she was aware of the transaction and did nothing before escrow closed. But if they argue it in front of the board instead of a judge the board doesn’t have to follow the law. They can make a decision based on what they think is fair depending on their mood that day. She probably thing she is entitled because of the amount of time she had put into working with you, showing you home ect. Agents hate working for free. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 10, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
It is very unlikely a letter would sway your offer 1 way or the other. Assett Managers usually will not have contact with buyers, that is why they use agents. The assett manager has strict guidelines on what he can automatically accpet and what he has to seek approval for. Terms dictate how good an offer is as well as the price. By terms they consider things like no contingincies, dont ask the bank to fix anything, close in no more than 3o days, do your home inspection before bidding as teh house is sold as is an dthe bank will not renegotiate after accepting a price, include your pre approval letter with your offer and make sure your deposit is at least 1% up to 5% of your offer. This will help your offer get accepted. As far a 2 weeks for an answe is unheard of, i get same day answers in most cases and never more than 24 hours in some cases. The listing agent should have daily contact with his assett managers. 2 weeks is just wrong... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Sky Minor answered:
Search Advice
Home Buying in Castaic Zip Codes