Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Cary : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 14
Mon Aug 29, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Yes, but it's just part of the normal settlement calculations, and not for "paying down buyers settlement charges". Sellers owe taxes for the days they owned the home in 2016. But those taxes don't get paid until next year. So the seller gives a credit to buyer for those taxes. Then buyer is responsible for paying the full year of 2016 taxes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 19, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
Trulia does not allow for sale by owner listings. If you are willing to pay a fee to a web site that only posts listings, why not hire a good local agent who can list your home and bring about a quick sale more than covering teh fee you pay ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Amy Adorno answered:
It is two years from your discharge date of the BK that you are eligible for a mortgage pending your credit score qualifications and a few other factors. I work with a great preferred mortgage loan officer I would be happy to get you her contact info if you are interested in getting pre approved. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Anita Martin answered:
The association fees are $125 annually.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Geoff Ommen answered:
Yes there is demand for rental homes in Cary. This property would be a possible candidate, depending on the ROI you are looking for. A substantial portion of the investment activity currently has been for flips, leaving little inventory for the rental market. I have been working with investors for flips and rentals in Cary and several of the surrounding cities. If you would like to investigate the area further, feel free to reach out.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Dennis Ciesil answered:
I am guessing that you mean you put down EARNEST money which would be "converted" to part of your down payment at closing. The person you should be talking to is your real estate attorney. In most cases there are legal and ethical reasons to break the contract WITHOUT losing your "earnest" money. Give your attorney, in this transaction, a call immediately. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Hi Kende1980,

Here's a trick that will help.

By putting $41,000 down you can reduce your monthly mortgage payment by an estimated $272.00 depending on your credit score and the loan program.

What happens if you use the cash you've saved for a down payment to pay off your debt instead? You'll save $650 per month which frees up more money for your mortgage payment. This in turn gives you more purchasing power.

It's all about allocating your money the right way and putting it where it's going to really "work" for you.

Please feel free to contact me and I'll run some numbers for you and show you what you can qualify for.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 3, 2011
Joanne Cecchini answered:
Becky- It has been 10 months since you posted this question. Have you been able to save towards a down payment? I have a listing at 21 Meadow in Oakwood Hills offering $4000 towards closing costs, so if you've been able to save, you might get some assistance this way, also.
If you're still looking and not working with another Realtor, I'd be glad to assist! Feel free to contact me.

Joanne Cecchini
Prudential Starck Realtors
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 6, 2011
Shancock3 answered:
I'm not understanding the ssa form the tax people told me to bring a ssa form with me . what does it have to do with my taxes. never had to have one before?????
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Michael Ofsanik answered:
Fri Oct 30, 2009
Melissa Kampschroer Leetzow answered:
Good Morning Diane

I have just found out that this home is in a very long Eviction process. It could be that the owner is trying to redeem the property back. I will keep up on this and will let you know when I get any additional information.

In the mean time, if you should have any questions just let me know and I would be happy to see what I can do to help in your search.

Melissa Leetzow E-PRO Realtor
Coldwell Banker Primus
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 9, 2009
Cindy Hurley answered:
I just recently did this for my investment property. The township is very helpful and said as soon as you can, get the forms to fill out and any other information they need. The change will not occur until the 2010 tax bll because it is so late in the year. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Cary Zip Codes