Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Carson : Real Estate Advice

  • All97
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 53
Thu Oct 27, 2016
Susie Kay answered:
I wonder why you have wired your money without having an executed contract. I don't deposit any money and will not advice my buyer to do so without having an executed contract in my hand. You will not lose your money because the title company holds it but you don't have the home as there's no contract. I would circle back with your agent and ask for clarification. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 17, 2015
Rich Reed answered:
If you're asking about taking the required classes to apply for a CA real estate license: The cost could be a few hundred dollars. It could take you months to complete. Is not specifically geared for someone who is just buying a home.
If you're asking about a "first time buyer" class given by a Realtor: It would likely be free. It would likely be only a few hours. It would be focused on home buying.
Realtors often give or sponsor such classes to generate new leads. Nothing wrong with that.
Taking a class is not required or necessary, just find a great local Realtor who has the time to be very thorough answering your home buying questions.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Jazz, that property is just showing up as a notice of default which gives the owner 90+ days to cure the default amount and another 45 days before it may become available as an REO. If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to study and compare.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down or as low as .5% half percent down payment program from a minimum 640 fico score up to 417k. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score or even 5% down conventional with NO Mortgage insurance (Lender paid MI) up to 417k.

The purchase in Carson start from 179k for 3bd 2ba townhome which is as low as $900 down payment with a minimum 640 fico score @179k.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
22+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking Thank, Link or Best Answer.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 1, 2015
Bonnie Goodpasture answered:

I am a NACA qualifed Real Estate agent and Carson is one of my areas that I specialize in. I also work a lot with first time home buyers. I would love to help you find your dream home. Give me a call and we can chat 310-650-4990. Bonne Goodpasture
Coldwell Banker

My webpage to learn more about me is:
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2015
Lailamacy answered:
In general, an FHA 203k loan allows you to wrap your renovation costs into your mortgage with one loan and one closing. The amount you borrow is a combination of the price of the home and the estimated price of the repairs, including labor and materials.

Your down payment of 3.5 percent (the minimum required by the FHA loan program) will be based on the full loan amount and, of course, your monthly payments will be higher since you’re including repair costs in the same loan.

You’ll need to qualify according to the standards of your lender, typically with a credit score of 640 or higher and with a maximum debt-to-income ratio of 43 percent, including the new monthly payment. The full loan amount must be at or below the maximum limit for FHA loans in your area, which in many housing markets is $417,500.

How FHA 203k Loans Work

There are two types of 203k loans: a streamlined version and a regular version. The streamlined 203k program is meant for homes that don’t need structural repairs and are capped at a maximum of $35,000 in repairs. No minimum amount of repairs must be made. Traditional 203k loans have a minimum requirement of $5,000 and can be used for structural repairs. Both loan programs require the repairs to start within 30 days of the loan closing and to be completed within six months.

The FHA has specific guidelines about types of projects you can finance with a 203k loan, but generally the only home improvements that you can’t finance are luxury items such as adding a swimming pool.

Reference Link:
... more
3 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
RonS answered:
Sheryl is wrong (And usually is) as are Larry and Richard. If you are a legitimate tenant (you are not previous owner or friend/family of previous owner), you have by Federal Statute 90 days or the duration of the lease, whichever is longer.

Previous owners have NO protection and are subject to eviction right away.

Read the "Protecting Tenents at Foreclosure Act of 2009".
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 13, 2014
1012mawn asked:
Carson CA area, due to litigation with shell oil he recommend CALVET not approve loan. has anyone else had this situation
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Melvin Burrell answered:
There are a few ways to remedy this problem. First thing is to let your lender know that you are delinquent because of medical reasons. You can do what's called a "Forbearance Agreement" which will put the delinquent payments in the arrears. Second thing you can do is refinance. If there's equity in the property. Lastly you can put the property on the market and sell if there's equity or you can do a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Which means you sign the property back over to the bank. If you have any questions please contact me. I can help you with anything. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Brock Lee answered:
As the Secretary of my Homeowner Association in Fort Collins, it’s sometimes a challenge trying to maintain work, family and my HOA duties . However, when I discovered Association Online all of that changed. No need to worry about piles of paperwork, their software is quite easy to use and all our HOA documents are stored and managed online. This allows our Board of Directors to operate in a more effective way. You should check them out at or call (970-226-1324). I highly recommend them for all Homeowner Association needs. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 29, 2013
Joel Dalguntas answered:
Hi Alvin,
There are several listing properties in Gladwick St. Carson. Please text or email me the complete address of the property that you are interested and I would be glad to give you more information and I'm willing to help you
Find your dream home.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Joel Dalguntas
Prudential California Realty
510 W. Carson St Suite 100
Carson, CA 90745
1(310) 713-0088
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Emily Knell answered:
I know the address & the loan situation of the owner for the property you're asking about. It's easy for me to find out these things because I've worked with a lot of pre-foreclosure properties & I "know the ropes" so to speak.

I wouldn't be able to say for sure, without contacting the owner or seeing the inside, as to whether or not the owner is actually underwater, although they are in default.

If you'd like to talk to me some more about this, please shoot me an email directly or give me a call. I do not look back on this same Trulia posting for Answers OR Replies after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since--- 1996
Realty ONE Group
BRE# 01211967
Short Sale Specialist
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Kawain Payne answered:
Hello Everettsburnett,

Investors are looking for "deals" . They love short sales, and REO's. If your home is a standard sale the only way to attract investors is to price it RIGHT and work with an agent.

In order to get your home sold in the shortest amount of time and at the right price, you should consider interviewing an agent. He/she can do a market evaluation of your home to ensure you have priced it right. Agents can also market your home directly to buyer's agents.

Serious buyer (including investors) will have agent representation, so should you.

You have few answers her, look at the profiles of the agents who answered and select one you feel would be a good fit to work with. I wish you much success!!!

Best Regards,
Kawain Payne, Realtor
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Alexander Greer answered:
You would really have to speak to a loan officer and provide them with your complete documentation to get pre-approved for an assistance program loan like above. No one would be able to answer your question just based on the above information.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 11, 2013
Truliatracy answered:
A Reverse Mortgage is designed to be the last loan you may ever need. It works opposite a traditional mortgage. Rather than making monthly payments to pay off a loan as is the case with a traditional or forward mortgage, with a reverse mortgage the equity in your home pays you. Since there are no monthly payments, there is no income or credit qualification required. I have a reverse mortgage which name is reverse mortgage lenders direct .I think they will help you to know what is reverse mortgage.
... more
8 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Robert Spinosa answered:

Any pre-approval for a mortgage involves an analysis of income, assets and credit, and you've spelled some of this out here. The next steps involve aligning this with your expectations on the property. I cover all of this, and the process itself in a free webinar that I host monthly. The next one is on May 7th, and you're more than welcome to join. The link is below.

Rob Spinosa
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
Lisa Massion answered:

Give me a call I always have buyers intrested. Our office is so closeby too.
Lisa Massion
Short Sales & REO Certified
HAFA Certified Specialist
Camino Realty, Certified for both Minority Owned & Woman-Owned
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 2, 2013
Kawain Payne answered:
You cannot TAKE their names off.

They would have to sign a "quit claim" to remove their names.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
1 vote 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Roberto Gosim answered:
Hello Hudson,
I assume you get this info from websites like Zillow.
If you have an agent just tell them to send the offer
that you want. I assume you're doing a conventional loan
since the data suggest it won't go standard FHA.
Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Roberto Gosim answered:
Hello Josedenise,
The answers would be the same.
Contact a lender or go straight to the bank.
Just tell them you want to pre-qualify.
contact me if I can help.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Home Buying in Carson Zip Codes