Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Carson : Real Estate Advice

  • All97
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 7
Wed Sep 16, 2015
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Hello Jazz, that property is just showing up as a notice of default which gives the owner 90+ days to cure the default amount and another 45 days before it may become available as an REO. If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to study and compare.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs.

You may qualify FHA from fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down or as low as .5% half percent down payment program from a minimum 640 fico score up to 417k. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score or even 5% down conventional with NO Mortgage insurance (Lender paid MI) up to 417k.

The purchase in Carson start from 179k for 3bd 2ba townhome which is as low as $900 down payment with a minimum 640 fico score @179k.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
22+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7 or

If my response was helpful, consider clicking Thank, Link or Best Answer.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2015
RonS answered:
Sheryl is wrong (And usually is) as are Larry and Richard. If you are a legitimate tenant (you are not previous owner or friend/family of previous owner), you have by Federal Statute 90 days or the duration of the lease, whichever is longer.

Previous owners have NO protection and are subject to eviction right away.

Read the "Protecting Tenents at Foreclosure Act of 2009".
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Melvin Burrell answered:
There are a few ways to remedy this problem. First thing is to let your lender know that you are delinquent because of medical reasons. You can do what's called a "Forbearance Agreement" which will put the delinquent payments in the arrears. Second thing you can do is refinance. If there's equity in the property. Lastly you can put the property on the market and sell if there's equity or you can do a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Which means you sign the property back over to the bank. If you have any questions please contact me. I can help you with anything. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 29, 2013
Joel Dalguntas answered:
Hi Alvin,
There are several listing properties in Gladwick St. Carson. Please text or email me the complete address of the property that you are interested and I would be glad to give you more information and I'm willing to help you
Find your dream home.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Joel Dalguntas
Prudential California Realty
510 W. Carson St Suite 100
Carson, CA 90745
1(310) 713-0088
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Emily Knell answered:
I know the address & the loan situation of the owner for the property you're asking about. It's easy for me to find out these things because I've worked with a lot of pre-foreclosure properties & I "know the ropes" so to speak.

I wouldn't be able to say for sure, without contacting the owner or seeing the inside, as to whether or not the owner is actually underwater, although they are in default.

If you'd like to talk to me some more about this, please shoot me an email directly or give me a call. I do not look back on this same Trulia posting for Answers OR Replies after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since--- 1996
Realty ONE Group
BRE# 01211967
Short Sale Specialist
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 6, 2011
Herb Vinegar answered:
Hello, I am not an attorney and each and every situation is different. Depended upon your situation I can give you some option at no cost to you. Please feel free to contact me. Herb Vinegar 714-501-0126 also check out my web site at I specialize in servicing Carson homeowners and the surrounding areas. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 21, 2011
Alo webb answered:
The best solution to determine if your landlord is in foreclosure would be to check on the foreclosure status of the property. That can be done easily here, ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Carson Zip Codes