Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Carnation : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Keith Drechsel answered:
What the realtors' don't tell you is that, although only a portion of the area is in a 100 year flood plain, most of the main roads into and out of Carnation ARE in a flood plan and they flood quite often. So, even if your home isn't under water, you will be stuck there for several days until the water goes down and the roads are drivable again. That is provided that there is no damage done to the roads due to flooding. Be sure to have emergency supplies and lots of food on hand. You might be able to even cook that food if the power doesn't go out. Typically Carnation is one of the last areas to get their power turned back on because they are so remote. I too lived there for 10 years and couldn't wait to move back to civilization! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 8, 2015
Anita asked:
I am not quite ready to buy in Washington and I appreciate the alerts, but I am anxious to move closer to friends and family in Carnation. Please do not send me any more homes outside 60…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Stacey Lange answered:

I am more than happy to prepare a thorough market analysis and have out to you today -- simply complete this form, so I have the details:

We will also prepare a neighborhood trends alert for you to allow you to keep a tab on what's happening in the market in Carnation.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
I would check for availability to you and let the renter decide if they want it, at their expense. Hook up is usually free, with a new account. If it is available, it is usually not an issue to get someone out to do the hook up, but without an active account, I don't know that a company would run the line to your place, just in case.
If part of your question is about pre-wiring, I would encourage this. Having cable outlets already set up in the most logical places will make everyone's life easier once the cable/satellite option is selected.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 12, 2012
Ardell Dellaloggia answered:
It's probably not a "legal rental" in an area that is not zoned for multi family. MIL is called an MIL because it is a "Mother-in-Law" and not a legal rental unit. Many people do rent them out, but often to someone they know, because they are meant to be used by someone of the same family the single family zoning of the property. You could have an unenforceable lease if the lease is not based on a legal footing. There are exceptions, but they are usually called ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units) in places that allow those, like near downtown in the City of Kirkland. But I don't think what you are referring to is a legal rental unit in Carnation. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Milosmaj asked:
In other words, if seller breaches a contract that was accepted by a lender, would they be allowed to enter a new short sale, or would they be forced into a foreclosure?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Carnation Zip Codes