Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Calvert County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 64
Mon Sep 18, 2017
Vicky asked:
Sun Jul 9, 2017
Charlie answered:
We failed our perc test and found alternative ways to build a septic
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 23, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
It takes time for a deed or title to be recorded by the county. Once recorded, websites like Zillow, Trulia and others pay vendors to visit county offices to update their sold lists. Websites don't state how frequently their vendors visit the county offices. Then it gets uploaded to the websites. You need to give websites about 1 - 2 months after a sale is recorded to see it updated on the website. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 17, 2017
Karen Peyton answered:
I wouldn't worry about a home inspector at the final walk through. If repairs were requested, no doubt the inspector will look at those items to be certain the repairs were made. It's not as uncommon as you may think. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 16, 2016
Malcolm Lawson answered:
The MLS and sites like these pull the information from your tax record. If you has has ever had an addition added on to it and it WAS NOT inspected by the county after the construction then that square footage is not included in your tax record. This is a common practice for home owners because after it is inspected you tax's will go up slightly because of the additional square footage. You could put a note in the listing but many people might just skim over your listing thinking it has very little square footage. The proper answer is to contact the county and have them inspect any addition to your home and they will then add that additional square footage to your tax record.

Also, any space that is below grade, the level of the surrounding ground, is not considered taxable living area. So if you have a split level or a finished basement those wont be reflected as taxable living area but instead there should be a section called "Total finished square footage" and this is were you want to enter the total number.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 9, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
It doesn't matter where you buy a home. You need to figure out how you're going to pay for it. For an FHA loan, the minimum down payment is 3.5%. Some states do have down payment assistance programs, but usually that's in the form of a 2nd mortgage (that you have to re-pay). Some states may have a grant program. Talk to a local lender and see what you can qualify for.

Keep in mind that buying, owning, and maintaining a home costs money. In addition to your down payment, there are also closing costs (usually 1-3% of the purchase price), plus inspection fees (300-400), appraisal fees (400-$800), Radon, termite & mold tests....then after you own the home it costs money just to maintain it! If you can't afford a downpayment right now (or all of those other costs), maybe now is not the time for you to buy a home?
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2016
John And Tammy Scaparro asked:
The new changes made of square footage plus a handicap full bathroom and a full basement should make it better. We also have almost an acre lot that is flat, fenced in, and a half court…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 1, 2016
Repe3333 answered:
If your house is paid off ,you are self emplyed,and do not have any bank account unless you sell your house there little they can do against you besides not allowing you to use the common facilities ,the hoa have to continue picking up your garbage ,they cannot cut your water and they have to repair your home in case of exterior damage even if you do not pay them. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 15, 2016
Angelntravel asked:
I have challenge credit due to being caretaker for both parent that died of cancer. I have the income 100K but need second chance. I will give more details call 202 341-7278 help Rosemary
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 2, 2015
Josh Barnett answered:
Reach out to the local city counsel and police station, they will tell you straight.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 6, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
That's because Trulia doesn't allow for sale by owners listings on the site. If you want to have your proeprty featured on Trulia you'll need to have a licensed real estate agent do this for you. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 20, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
Having 4 bedrooms has more value then a master bath to most buyers, there will be a big difference in asking price.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 30, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
The term TURN KEY, means ready to move in or ready to occupy. It may not include upgrades. Your best bet is to ask the builder or have your buyer agent check.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 9, 2015
Greg Beckman answered:
I would be glad to assist you. Very few properties are a rent to own situation, but there are some. If this is what you are looking for, it is worth asking the question once you find the right place. What are you looking for in a rental? Size? Price range? Etc... Let's start there and then we can talk more later about you credit situation and see if buying is a possibility. Would love to help, so send me an email or give me a call. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice