Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Calhoun : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Diana Hellman answered:
Yes you need a lawyer to draw up the contract, to get title insurance, to prepare the deed, prepare any other transfer documents that the law provides, and also to work out the closing adjustments. Also, you need your attorney to work out with the bank the pay off of your mortgage. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Don Tepper answered:
You can't.

Get a Realtor. Or sign up with one of the inexpensive services that'll put your property on the MLS. That's the key: Getting your property on the MLS.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Corey Sprague, Realtor answered:
Call them and be very open about your concerns. If you do not like what you hear, tell them you will be moving in another direction. You can try to see if the agent/company will let you out of the contract but they may have a procuring clause in their listing agreement. If they do let you out, they will retain, for 90 days, the ability to collect a commission, paid by you, if someone comes to the table with an offer.

I would try or wait it out and then re-posistion your house. Even though the agent seems unprofessional and incompetent, the harsh reality if you're not getting any action is, your over priced for the current market. Regardless of open houses and promotions, as long as your property has full internet exposure, buyers are seeing it. That is if the pictures are clear or you have a video tour uploaded. Good luck to you and your agent. Sounds like you will both need it.
... more
1 vote 63 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Calhoun Zip Codes