Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Calabasas : Real Estate Advice

  • All99
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying37
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 4
Thu Jun 1, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
I'm a retired realtor in the New York City suburbs so I took a look at listings in your zip code. Considering my county (Westchester) also has affluent towns and villages, my issue is why are you focused on Trulia and/or Zillow. You need to know that the typical consumer using Trulia, Zillow and other real estate websites are NOT the affluent buyer that can afford homes in your zip code. The typical buyer using Zillow and Trulia is looking for homes between $300 - 700K (at least under $1 million).

Realtors in my county who buy and sell in affluent towns (like Scarsdale, Rye, Chappaqua, Great Neck, Manhasset, the Hamptons, etc.) pay for specialty marketing that attract buyers where they will see the advertising. Examples: golf courses, corporate jets, private schools, boarding schools, international cities, business magazines and newspapers, professional magazines / journals, spa retreats, luxury cruise lines, etc.

The issue is if your listing contract is still active or did it expire? I would talk with the Office Manager or Broker in Charge and demand that you want all advertising from your ex realtor to cease immediately. Your ex realtor will need to comply.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 24, 2016
Fred answered:
I have searched all over the internet for actual cases of foreclosure by a lender whose note was enclosed in an AITD. What happens in practice? Not theory, but actual cases?

I am wondering how long the process actually takes. If the buyer who takes "subject to" is an investor who will remodel and flip the house in a year, has the risk of foreclosure by the underlying lender been reduced? ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2016
Vl850 answered:
I misplaced my settlement statement from the sale of my home. Can I get this anywhere?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Caleb Hart answered:
The best thing to do with this question is ask two people. One, the real estate agent and ask for advice. Also, ask the surveyor if he has any experience dealing with vacant land and sales. Compare the two answers and then make a decision. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice