Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Cadillac : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Sat Mar 18, 2017
Penney Mcrae asked:
Mon Mar 28, 2016
Tony Grech answered:
sounds very fishy to me, and you should talk to an attorney. It is after all a contract. Both sides need to uphold their ends of it
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 16, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rent to own is really not a good idea, therefore consider fixing whatever is preventing you from purchasing outright. Rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, it favors the owner; therefore inform yourself well in advance of your search, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate before considering the idea and or before signing any agreement. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright, or simply continue renting until a purchase can be made. ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 20, 2014
George Raymondo answered:
It sounds like should be good go as you have covered the two main topics of determining qualification which are income and credit. Please feel free to contact us.

Best of Luck!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
An attorney or title company will make sure that you get a clean title which means the liens must all be paid off by someone. Normally the proceeds from the sale pays off the old mortgage(s). If there is not enough money to pay them both off, then the seller will have to make up the difference or he can't sell it. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Lynn Spence answered:
Send me an email and I will send you all available with land contract.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Ryates answered:
Don't pay for credit repair. It can all be done on your own. I will give you all the information you need. You will just need to take action. Save yourself $$. Although not a credit counselor per say, nor do I get paid to be. But we are credit experts. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 10, 2012
Bob Schweiss answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 29, 2011
Pam Bava answered:
Robin, you can also go to your township offices to find out that information it is in the public records.

Good luck
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 2, 2009
Dan Chase answered:
a baloon payment is called that because in 5 years it blows up in your face.A lot of people found they could not cover the sudden payment the baloon demanded and lost their home. Do not count on being able to get another loan. It might not happen. Instead get a fixed rate mortgage and never worry about your payment increasing. Over the next 1.5-3 years interest rates WILL increase. When they do you will find it more expensive to get a loan. It may also be a lot harder to find loans.

I would suggest that you look for used and yes, even reposessed double wides. You can buy a repo'd double wide a lot cheaper than one on a lot or from a dealer.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Paul Henry answered:
Pam; First are you working with an agent for your short sale, or are you doing it yourself? The second can come after you, but if it goes into foreclosure, they are going to probaly lose even more. By law the first holder must give the second some compensation. I would call the second and try to negotiate a deal with them, but also have them, if there agreeable, to give you a release before you close. You dont have to sell the home, but its better than foreclosure. If you get foreclosed on you have have to wait for five years before fannie mae will approve a loan for you. Four years if you do a deed in lieu, and only 2 years if you do a short sale. All will require 10% down, and atleast a 680 credit score. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Cadillac Zip Codes