Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Butte County : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Fri Dec 2, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
Yes. If you can't find a mobile home lender, try talking to the mobile home park office to see who has financed there before.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 30, 2016
Steve Snyder answered:
We have great hard money and private money options. Fill out an application on our site. We've been lending since 2004 and have a unique pool of investors. We'd love to help you when you need it.

Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Alexander Greer answered:
You best bet in getting the most realistic answer would be to call the local police station. Next, your real estate agent should have some good insight on this as well.

Have you been pre-approved for a purchase loan?

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Brenda McLaughlin answered:
Hi I'm Brenda with People's Choice Brokers and Mortgage group. Zillow is not really the place to find out how much your property is worth. You can have comps pulled in the area and have a market analysis done. No many companies are doing loans on manufactured homes. I know it is touch. I did have one company but now they don't do them anymore either. I'll check with more of the companies and see if any of them took on those loans. There is a company in Redding that does manufactured home loans. I googled manufactured home loan refinance and some came up. You can start there and give them a call.

Hope that helps
Brenda McLaughlin
People's Choice Brokers & Mortgage Group
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Brenda McLaughlin answered:
You have to be in a USDA qualified area for this type of loan. Then Always have to be checking to make sure the funds are still available. It is another form of FHA loans it is just that you can get 100% plus you don't have to pay MIP insurance. I do loans and sell real estate. Are you looking in Oroville for this type of loan? If you can get a VA loan you can also get 100% financing and no MIP. You can call me at 530-321-5526 or email

Hope that helps,
Brenda McLaughlin
People's Choice Brokers & Mortgage Group
DRE 01211581 * NMLS 536643
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Robert Chomentowski answered:
You don't have to sell your home. But you cannot count the rent as income for a new loan qualification unless you have at least 25% equity in that house. Do you have 25% equity? If not can you qualify with both payments? ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Gregorio Denny answered:
There are lots of lenders that can and will lend to the trust. Contact me and I can assist you with this.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2012
John Arendsen answered:
I won't duplicate the very good information you've already received but remember anything and everything is negotiable. Cash is king so remember if you're successful in dickering your deal you better have some cash or a means to back it up. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 15, 2011
John Arendsen answered:
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't an appraiser supposed to discuss the reason for your decision to sell with you first? Don't they usually segregate the distressed or "fire sale" properties from a straight sale property? Or is it that in today's market anything goes. I'd be quizzing that appraiser a little closer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Spirit Messingham answered:
Not sure, since there is no question here. They dropped the ball but you accepted it, you could have gone out and shopped around for another one. I have had this happen to clietns before when dealing with Banks espeically and some have asked the Bank to buy it down since it was their mistake and if not, they walked. That of course is just one option.

Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson, AZ
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 11, 2010
Michael Mullin answered:
Ron, our hands are tied by legislation on this kind of deal - they've capped the amount a lender can charge by % of the loan amount instead of a dollar figure. I'd have to write a check to close that loan. :(

Best bet is a credit union or local community bank. They'll have an internal loan officer on a salary who won't care about the loan amount.

Sorry to be blunt but that's why you see lenders shying away from anything under $100k. We're not allowed to charge the $ necessary to make the loan economically feasible.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 20, 2010
Daniel Del Real answered:
Yes you can. but unfortunately if feels like some of these underwriters have a death wish for all deals. They love to put obstacles up for everyone to keep jumping through even though it makes perfect sense to everyone. I have these issues all the time with my buyers and sometimes you just need to go with it.

Very interesting market we have.
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice