Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Buechel : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Thu Feb 5, 2015
Devin Veith answered:
Sorry to hear that. You can try contacting the lender or foreclosing attorney to see what your options are. Depending on what stage of the foreclosure process the house is in, you might be able to either do a short sale, loan modification, or deed in lieu. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Yours is not an unusual story. I had a client who had fallen behind in her payments because she was ill. While she was in the hospital, the bank decided she had 'abandoned' the home, broke in and changed the locks. Can you imagine coming home from the hospital to find you are locked out of your own home? It's a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, but no one in government seems to have the will to do anything about it. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 21, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Follow the advice of your attorney. This is pretty much standard procedure when someone stops paying mortgage payments. Is there any equity in the house? Would you inherit the equity? If so, you ought to talk to a local realtor about selling the house. You could sell the house as the executor of your Dad's estate, but I don't know if that is practical. You should have enough time to move in any case. My understanding is that even after the bank forecloses, if you are still in the home, they will have to go through a formal eviction proceeding and it all times time. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Buechel Zip Codes