Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Buckeye : Real Estate Advice

  • All138
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying51
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 2
Wed Jan 11, 2012
Susan Lehmkuhl answered:
You will have to go to the post office and request new keys. They will have a contractor come out and change the locks. It will cost about $40. You may be required to take a copy of your HUD.

Susan Lehmkuhl
Associate Broker
The KUHL Team
Buy and Sell Smart Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 14, 2009
Susan Ellis answered:
Hi Bob,

The main pro is that you can get it sold, but there are several concerns if you are going to do this. Many people will advise against it, but if you are careful to protect your interests, it should be okay.

I am assuming that you are not using an agent. If you are not, be sure that you work with a professional, namely a real estate lawyer or a title officer that is familiar with the process. I will highly recommend Judy Powell at Chicago Title Northwest Phoenix office for advice. The key thing you need to do is to protect your rights to title of the property. Don't ever sign over fee title until it is fully paid for.

I hope this helps a little.

Susan Ellis
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice