Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Ownership in Broward County : Real Estate Advice

  • All153
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying91
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Sat Aug 5, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Realtors and websites cannot disclose owner names. If you want the owner's name, you need to go to the county tax Assessor's office. Ignore Marsha's reply as that is the wrong answer. Leave it to an agent who only knows how to answer questions with what's available for sale. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2015
Kirsten Prizzi 239-248-1667 answered:
Sun Apr 12, 2015
Jeffrey Jacobs answered:
The answer to your question is yes but you can only quit claim the deed over to a person who is in full consent and has accepted to do so. If you do not have anyone who is willing to take ownership of the deed and you cannot afford to pay the annual maintenance fee anymore you can always do a deed in lieu of foreclosure with the resort or HOA. You are basically handing over the deed to them and giving ownership back to them in order to avoid a foreclosure. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Richard Ferris answered:
Great Real Estate attorney in Cooper City - Marcy Abitz 786-474-614,

Super Tax attorney Megan Ferris 305-704-6693, She is a CPA and Tax Attorney with a masters in Tax Law. Her office is in Miami.

Realtor - Me, Richard Ferris, Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate 954-914-9466
I specialize in selling Cooper City homes, and I live in Cooper City. Please feel free to call me with any real estate question. I'm always happy to help.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 24, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Good answer Dan! If you're trying to buy a house, title insurance is the only way to know you're buying it free and clear of liens and encumbrances.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
There are various options to consider, but we're not qualified to lay them all out to you. You're really asking a legal question that should be answered by an attorney licensed in your state who can candidly discuss all the options with you both together and separately.
I will venture one question that you should consider. Since you are contemplating adding your name to a 30 year commitment on a mortgage, why not get married? I don't know if Florida is a community property state or not, but this may resolve some of the issues. The lawyer would be able to present this option, a will and others for you to consider. Best of luck however it goes.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 21, 2013
Annette Lawrence answered:
Thank the real estate professionals who navigated through the many hazards and overcame the obstacles, that resulted in a successful home purchase.
Then you call the carpet cleaners and the cleaning crew and of course the cable provider. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
John Bourassa answered:
Jesus is right but if there is no HOA and the neighbor does not want to co-operate, you can also call the city the property is in and make an official complaint. They usually will send someone to verify your complaint and send the homeowner a first warning with a time to comply. If the homeowner ignores the warning after the deadline is passed, the city will issue a fine (that fine varies depending on the type of negligence. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Maribel Torres Schnuer answered:
This is a great incentive offered by the 401k plan . Why not use it? I believe you may borrow up to $10,000.00 for the purchase of your first home. It would be untaxed and with no penalties. I would suggest calling your 401k plan to confirm this information. I recently sold a home in Sunrise, FL where my buyers borrowed against their 401k and were delighted that they had that source and incentive available to them. Best Wishes! Maribel - Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate : 954-268-3975. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Chad Gray answered:
The video in this blog does a great job of summing up favorite things about living in Fort Lauderdale:

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
Just read your question again... Is his Mother deceased or still alive? If still alive she may want to talk with an Estate Planning Attorney and put all of her assets into a Trust so her heirs can avoid Probate and her wishes may be more easily fulfilled. If she's already passed, seek the advice of a Probate Attorney, there are certain legal requirements. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice