Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Brooklyn : Real Estate Advice

  • All323
  • Local Info56
  • Home Buying117
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions13

Activity 100
Thu Sep 10, 2015
Tamar asked:
how do i figure out whats best for me? Help please!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 6, 2015
Pingwongnyc asked:
I am looking for an agent who can speak vietnamese or cantonese.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 12, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
I would think Montgomery County Maryland would have online records. Why do you want sold info?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Kimberly Lawson answered:
Hi, You'd also need photo id, social security card. Tax returns full two years would be required irregardless if you're self employed or not. We like to verify no 2106 expenses by looking those over. Then I saw your question to Jessica however, we don't usually see messages unless you add another reply to the thread versus replying directly. If she happened to see it and response great, if not thought I'd help.... No, you'd need to provide any/all bank statements. Credit reports do not provide or verify those types of banking details. If I can answer any add'l questions, I'd be happy to help. Best wishes otherwise, Kimberly Lawson, Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator - Ohio only. Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
I doubt your agent, assuming you're not using the listing agent, can do much. The house has a weather related issue that must be addressed. You could offer to pay some of the cost to thaw the pipes and proceed with your inspection, if that's cheaper than the alternative.
You could threaten to walk on the deal if you have a legitimate escape built into your contract.
Locking a rate is always for a set time period and extending a lock costs money. You can request the seller bear that cost if you can't proceed quickly with a back-up threat to leave the transaction if they don't. There are things you can try, I just don't know if any will be successful.
Your agent should be dealing with the listing agent and demanding they do their job to get the house sold. Apart from that, I'm not sure what else you can do.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Robert Erney answered:
Call your local mortgage professional he will tell you everything. I can even give you a contact that does loan. Across the country....and refer you to a buyers agent to get you a better deal. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
Good luck,
you'll probably find the missing Declaration of Independence in the walls.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Hook up with a good experienced realtor and they will guide you. Make good offers and a seller won't care who or what you are -- it's all about the money.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Have you asked them about trimming them? I would start with just being a friendly neighbor first and take it from there :)
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-

You have a ton of great options, take a look:

Ali, Community manager
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Kherter asked:
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there,

I'd recommend checking out this resource that I just found, take a look! I hope it helps:

Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Robert Erney answered:
Mortgage insurance (also known as mortgage guarantee) is an insurance policy which compensates lenders or investors for losses due to the default of a mortgage loan. Mortgage insurance can be either public or private depending upon the insurer. The policy is also known as a mortgage indemnity guarantee (MIG), particularly in the UK.
For example, suppose Ms Smith decides to purchase a house which costs $150,000. She pays 10% ($15,000) down payment and takes out a $135,000 ($150,000-$15,000) mortgage on the remaining 90%. Lenders will often require mortgage insurance for mortgage loans which exceed 80% (the typical cut-off) of the property's sale price. Because of her limited equity, the lender requires that Ms Smith pay for mortgage insurance that protects the lender against her default. The lender then requires the mortgage insurer to provide insurance coverage at, for example, 25% of the $135,000 ($33,750), leaving the lender with an exposure of $101,250. The mortgage insurer will charge a premium for this coverage, which may be paid by either the borrower or the lender. If the borrower defaults and the property is sold at a loss, the insurer will cover the first $33,750 of losses. Coverages offered by mortgage insurers can vary from 20% to 50% and higher.
To obtain public mortgage insurance from the Federal Housing Administration in the United States, Ms. Smith must pay an upfront mortgage insurance premium (UFMIP) equal to 1.75 percent of the loan amount at closing.[1] This premium is normally financed by the lender and paid to FHA on the borrower's behalf. Depending on the loan-to-value ratio, there may be a monthly premium as well. The United States Veterans Administration also offers insurance on mortgages.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
formanet asked:
Mon Mar 4, 2013
formanet answered:
A partition sale or lawsuit is a pretty complicated matter. I think you should seek legal representation if you haven't done so already.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
John Sacktig answered:
Hi John -

The time is now! You shood speak to a qualifed mortgage person and get the lowdown on what you can afford to buy.

The big banks at the moment I have not seen much good activity. Craig LaBruno is my mortgage go to guy.. he is a Mortgage Broker and I find him to be a good guy, no nonsense. he knows his stuff. I only refer people that work within my high standards.

Call Craig to discuss your options. Avoid online mortgage companies. Call someone in the area.

Craig LaBruno
Senior Home Loan Consultant
Mortgage Capital Associates, Inc.
218 Schanck Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
NMLS# 242811
Cell: 201-927-8486
Fax: 732-909-2479
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Vincent Paige, P.A . answered:
Yes you can, here in FL banks are trying to drive the prices up, so they are typically not taking anything less than 5% off the price.

Good luck,

Vincent Warren Paige, Jr.
REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Khadeja Wright answered:
Yes. You should look at MeadowWood at Gateway. Great condos.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice
Home Buying in Brooklyn Zip Codes