Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

19015 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Tue Jun 3, 2014
Hilary Weinbrecht answered:

Hilltop has two different sections with separate associations. You may want to contact the condo association for Summit to find out whether they have any restrictions. There is a limit on how many investors can own in each section and that ratio of owner occupied to investment (rented) units could also effect your ability to finance FHA or VA. A local mortgage rep would be able to tell you if that's the case.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
Yes, start by interviewing a few local agents in regard to selling your home. You'll need to find out about any improvements or repairs you should make before going on the market. You'll also need to meet with a lender before you go on the market to discuss what your options are for your purchase.
Wisdom says; sell first use your equity or more for down payment then purchase. Some people may qualify for two mortgages at the same time; this is risky and needs to be thought through carefully if you want to consider this.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 2, 2012
Kitty asked:
or is it better to just make an extra payment at end of the year.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 2, 2012
Ernie Behrle answered:
You can do either. The important thing to do I have found though when requiring a loan is to have one alraedy "Pre-Approved" contingent upon a contract. Most banks and Government foreclosures require proof of being able to obtain a loan to accompany the offer. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Mary answered:
Look at Hilltop Condominiums in Brookhaven. Several for sale at good prices so you won't need to bother with a foreclosure! Use 5200 Hilltop Drive Brookhaven, PA for your search.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 30, 2011
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
BINGO. You KNOW an agent can do a better job, but still want to undertake this important step yourself to save the money. In the long run this is dangerous, because if you are WRONG in your estimation, you could get in some trouble financially!

What if you agree to sell your house to a buyer and you underestimate the costs to you, and end up paying out of pocket?

You know the value of a good agent is not only marketing your property, but also in ADVISING you.

If you don't want to hire an agent please hire an attorney to get you through this and advise you.

Another alternative is to hire an agent on a consultative basis. You could pay an agent to provide you a good price estimation of your home's value, plus explain closing costs to you for a single flat fee. Why not pursue that option?

Not all agents will do this, however many will!

Don't go it alone. There is no one fits all closing cost estimator out there. All areas are unique in their tax rules, prorations, cloing costs, etc.

Either hire an attorney or a realtor to consult with you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 23, 2011
Karen and Jeff Wahner answered:
Your best bet is for both of you to sit down with a mortgage professional so that you can go over all your options. Most often, in these cases, the person without the good credit is excluded from the mortgage. There are many great mortgage professionals in Delaware County that can help you with this. Don't be afraid to call and ask questions. Best of luck! ... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Terry Ann Yakas answered:
Hi Irina,
138 E Avon actually was sold and settled in Sept of 2009. It was an REO. This is on the boarder of Chester by considered Parkside. If you are interested in bank owned properties in the Chester or surronding areas please feel free to contact me and I will be more then happy to assist you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Sumner Lymburner answered:
The web sites for the community or the county should have the information as should a local realtor. I will refer one to you if you do not already have one. here in Texas we do not have state or local income tax.

Sumner Lymburner
Broker Associate
San Antonio
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 22, 2010
Mark Barone answered:
Basically to answer you question: Pre-foreclosure Homes are not listed as pre-foreclosured. They are properties that could be for sale with a Real Estate Company called (short sales) see my blog on short sales-
This would educate you on the short sale process.
The Delaware County courthouse website shows foreclosures upcoming at the Courthouse, Either Sheriff sales or Judicial Sales:

In addition to working as a Real Estate Broker in the area; I also work for a company who has contracted with a few dozen banks and servicers throughout the country. The objective is to help homeowners with the Obama's administration HAMP program, (Homeowners Affordable Modification Program). Homeowners are given the opportunity (if financially capable) to modify their mortgage loan. In the event homeowners either can't qualify for the HAMP, they will decide to sell the property prior to the foreclosure date. These lenders throughout the US do not wish to foreclose on homeowners since it will cost thousands in legal fees.

It basically starts like this:
This process of foreclosure begins when a homeowner defaults on their loan. Generally when this occurs, the lender involved will issue the homeowner a notice of default, after 60 days (Act 91 notice) and for all intents and purposes this begins the preforeclosure period.

Then from here on out there are many things may happen—the homeowner could and may raise the money to pay off their default debt to the bank or lender and stay in their home,(Modify) (HAMP) their loan to continue make payments to the lender on a 3 month trial period (until they are approved with the (HAMP), OR the lender issues a Notice of Sale (judicial sale) and arranges to put the property up for sale at a later date, (REO) OR the homeowner finds someone willing to buy their home and avoids a foreclosure sale. OR Sell the property if the homeowner is (upside down). (Short Sale)
This last option is becoming increasingly common, as investors and home buyers alike often look to find great homes for sale at extremely low prices through the short sale process.
You would need an experienced (CDPE) & (SFR) Certified Distressed Property Expert and (SFR) Short Sale Foreclosure Specialist o work on your behalf. E mail: Direct 484-468-1310
Hope this helps and Good Luck!
Mark Barone-, ABR, CDPE, CRS, GRI, SFR
Keller Williams Real Estate, Media, PA
Associate Broker
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 12, 2009
Fred Glick answered:
No, it is not listed on the MLS as active.

Can you explain more of what you are looking for so I can give you more details?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice