Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Bronx : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info130
  • Home Buying411
  • Home Selling42
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 67
Wed Aug 23, 2017
Eualinapop asked:
Fri Apr 21, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Sorry to give you the bad news but the Bronx is not for investment properties. You will lose money. Before investing anything, you need to study the neighborhood, whether prices increase / decrease and by how much. You also need to learn how long a property stays on the market and whether there are price reductions, etc.

The fact is most of the Bronx is low income and welfare residents. Properties do not increase in value much because buyers who purchase homes here cannot afford a lot of money. In addition, many homes need major renovations and you will need cash to pay for it. There are thousands of rental buildings in the area which lowers the value of neighboring properties.

In the Bronx, the only area worth investing is Riverdale, along Pelham Parkway from Williamsbridge Rd. north to Stillwell Ave., Bedford Park and Throgs Neck. Everywhere else is a dump.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 20, 2017
Morel.melvn asked:
Mon Jan 23, 2017
Bernard G. answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.


Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Maricris A answered:

If you want to know more information about the foreclosure property, you may check the county record where the property is part of or you may also contact a foreclosure specialist near your area for assistance.

You can take advantage of our vast network of agents here on Trulia. You may found the link below.

To search for a foreclosure specialist using our site:

1. Go to the link that I provided, enter the location where you're at and click enter.
2. Click the 'More filters' button and choose 'Foreclosure' under specialties.
3. Click the 'Search' button.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
There are foreclosures and cheap co-ops in Parkchester. However, don't expect values to increase. This area has always been low priced so you won't get much equity when you need to sell. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 14, 2016
mike ringwood ll asked:
Mon Mar 14, 2016
mike ringwood ll asked:
Mon Dec 21, 2015
joseph vega answered:
call me I would answer your question 347 944 4877
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Oct 4, 2015
Robert W Neill Jr answered:
You will need to contact the listing agent.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 1, 2015
Greg Kochanov answered:
Hello Donna,

I am a real estate broker with Moda Realty in Riverdale.

We have a few beautiful apartments in Riverdale for around $300K with direct Hudson River views.

Please feel free to email me directly at and I can then email you some listings.


TEL/SMS: 718-986-6431
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Trevolyn Haines answered:
That is great! Condos can be great places to live.

Your statement is rather open ended and because there are so many options available in condos we would need more information so I would suggest that you work with an experienced agent in your are to help guide you achieve your goals.

(I disagree with Kathy's answer in that there are many agents that are willing to take the time to help you with foreclosed AND condos in pre-foreclosure- i.e. short sales, but I do agree that you want a home inspection no matter what kind of property that you purchase and that if the property is in an association you want to make sure that the HOA is managing the community acceptably).

Best of luck in your search
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 19, 2015
Jungoui asked:
Wed Jan 7, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, he/she can better assist.
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice