Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Brockton : Real Estate Advice

  • All184
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying52
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 7
Mon Jan 18, 2016
Doug McNeilly answered:
Not sure about CA real estate law, but here in MA, it is typical for both parties to sign an agreement at Closing that both Buyer and Seller agree to work out differences in final water bill, taxes, etc that results from error - regardless who was at fault - basically everyone agrees to play nice in the sandbox to resolve issues. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 27, 2015
m.cappiello88 asked:
Tue Mar 24, 2015
David Charette answered:

Have you put your house on the market yet? Statistically you will get 15% more by listing it with an agent then by selling yourself. I know a lot of people list on Zillow and Craigslist but it would be in your best interest to hire an agent. I have a no pressure sales approach, I would like to meet with you and go over what I do differently to get homes sold. I have been able to net For Sale By Owner people more money every time I have listed their property.

Give me a call

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Luis Martins answered:
contact the owner of the real estate office
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Heath Coker answered:
There are some mortgage companies/insurance companies that object to a certain type/maunfacturer of older fuse panel.
This is based on my own experience with a home inspector indicating this problem durring a home inspection of an older home.
Ask your town building department, a local electrician, or your home inspector to name a few resources.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Louis Wolfson answered:
You are getting some mis information below. Changing a home from a 2 family to a single family does not require a change in zoning. Zoning is Zoning period. If your 2 family is a pre-existing non-conforming use, once changed to a single you most likely not be allowed to bring it back to a 2 family without a special permit or a variance (towns DO NOT GIVE VARIANCES (typically requires hardship etc. money is not one of them))

As to your mortgage, the collateral is still the home at xyz street, only difference is you are now lacking income to help pay or was used in qualifiying you for the mortgage you presently have. Bank still has same colleteral and you still have the same obligations.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Mack McCoy answered:
When you write, "list," i presume that you mean, with a brokerage, in which case, your should be listening to your agent's advice and shunning all other well-meaning types you meet on the internet.

If, as other people presume, you aren't planning to use an agent, well. that's all well and good, but the local agents are the most knowledgeable group concerning local house prices, and as has been noted, many are willing to give you that advice in the hope that if you decide to list, you'll choose them.
... more
1 vote 11 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Brockton Zip Codes