Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

02301 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Thu Apr 20, 2017
Erikadepina60 asked:
Looking for a upper fixer home, Help
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 7, 2016
Caroline Monte asked:
husband wants to have Ido I have a chance to buy another house?im a co owner of mga sister's house and me and my husband wants to have our own house even a 2-3 bedroom house thank…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 18, 2016
Doug McNeilly answered:
Not sure about CA real estate law, but here in MA, it is typical for both parties to sign an agreement at Closing that both Buyer and Seller agree to work out differences in final water bill, taxes, etc that results from error - regardless who was at fault - basically everyone agrees to play nice in the sandbox to resolve issues. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 27, 2015
m.cappiello88 asked:
Sun Mar 29, 2015
Tabberly L Allen Payne answered:
I am in aurora Colorado looking to rent to own a home I can be reached by email and then will give you all the contact information
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2015
David Charette answered:

Have you gotten the help you need? I have a great lender I can get you in touch with! give me a call and I can go over it with you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2015
David Charette answered:

Have you put your house on the market yet? Statistically you will get 15% more by listing it with an agent then by selling yourself. I know a lot of people list on Zillow and Craigslist but it would be in your best interest to hire an agent. I have a no pressure sales approach, I would like to meet with you and go over what I do differently to get homes sold. I have been able to net For Sale By Owner people more money every time I have listed their property.

Give me a call

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2015
David Charette answered:
I can't offer you specifically a cleaning contract on foreclosure homes but I can offer to use you as a recommended vendor. So often when we list homes we need someone to clean them before they can go on the market. Please give me a call or email me and we can talk about this.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 9, 2014
Peggy Raimondi answered:
The agent handling the sale may not have that information. The seller may not disclose or be aware of any crime on the property.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Heath Coker answered:
I think the zip code you used is incorrect.
Most 02xxx zip codes are in MA.
Why not look for a real estate pro in New York and see if you don't save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.) ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Justin Brown answered: contact me.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2012
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
You can view recent sales in the area by map, but I don't believe you can search by year. This is all public information and depending on what information you need, you may be able to get it from the town's public website. ... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Dan Derito answered:
Hi Mathew, your Real Estate person should have a list of inspectors. Don't take this step lightly. Is the house bank owned or a short sale, and being bought 'as is?' Have you consulted your mortgage person about what would cause the bank concerns? Are you, or your RE agent prepared to negotiate repairs that might need to be made? If the house has major issues then, be prepared to walk away and start the whole search process again and you are out the $300-400. You can go tohttp:// to do a search of licenced inspectors. Ask if the seller has filled out a property condition report, which should give you some clues as to how it has been maintained, in addition to your own visual observations. Again you should be relying on the expert advice of your Real Estate professional here. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 26, 2009
Lyons1970 answered:
i need marietta gerogia for rent to own wit h section 8 in my 678 651 4508 tracy
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2008
... answered:
Hi Vic -

It's a great time to buy and you're smart to be looking but to address your question, "part owner" is not really a mortgage term as everyone on the mortgage is jointly and severally liable for the entire mortgage, as if each owned 100%. If the ex is late or stops paying, it becomes as much your headache as anyone elses.

As the others have said - get a preapproval (I have an application on-line or you can call) to see how things look, but the home your ex is in will hurt you in that the payment for that home will need to be included in your debt payments. It doesn't matter if the court ordered her to pay the whole mortgage or if there's rental income. Again, to repeat what others have said, try to get her to refinance so you'll be off the loan; I can, of course, help with that, too!


... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice