Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Brevard County : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Thu Apr 9, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
I think that if you really upgrade it, and make it a lot better than it was before, than this is a great option to consider. With that being said though, there is a possibility that it will be looked at as a 'downgrade' in the future. If you only have a walk-in shower, it won't be considered a full bathroom, and you may lose a bit on the sale. I think you really need to consider how long you'll be in this house. If you're going to be there for a while, you shouldn't focus too much on the resale, and do what you need to to make yourself as comfortable in that place as possible.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2014
Jinger Knox answered:
There is a program available for low income Brevard residents through the LIHEAP program. You can get the information by contacting Brevard Housing and Human Services. This is a federally funded program which provides, among other things, Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.

2. Who is eligible to receive LIHEAP assistance?

The LIHEAP program in your community determines if your household income qualifies for the program. You must fall into one of these categories:
ELDERLY - Must be at least sixty (60) years old.
DISABLED - Must be receiving disability benefits from either Social Security or employer/insurance disability benefits.
HOUSEHOLDS WITH CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF FIVE (5) - Must provide birth certificates for children five (5) years old or younger.

3. What is the Income Guidelines?

(At or below 125% of the Health & Human Services Poverty Income Guidelines)

For more information:
Phone: (321) 633-1951

Best of Luck

For all your Realestate needs its always:
85 and Sunny
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Teressa Mann asked:

I am looking for a Wells Fargo 203k approved contractor in Cocoa, FL

I would need for someone to look at the property ASAP to estimate the renovation cost.

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Tammy Hayes answered:
You would need to go to the county to get a permit. Here is their web site:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Jeanne Feenick answered:
This is the type of improvement that will add value - and while it is difficult to say how much, I am quite certain that it will make your home more marketable and cause it to sell more quickly. A local agent with access to your local MLS data will be able to provide specific feedback on the pricing differential between homes with one full bath, one half -- and homes will two full baths.

This is one that makes sense!

Good luck,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
My Blog:
... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice