Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Box Elder County : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Mon Sep 28, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
You can hire a Realtor and have it listed in the local MLS and through IDX data sharing it will appear here. You cannot list a home "For Sale By Owner" (FSBO) here at this time.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 27, 2014
dbenn75ion answered:
Try Greg Henderson. (Ph# 435-890-9293) He did a fantistic job for us. He is not high pressure but works hard to find what you want and need. He helped us in looking from Heber City area to the Bear Lake area. From Dale, Brigham City, UT ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Chris Wride answered:
Contact Jeff Flitton Mortgage Consultant
Cell 801-949-2271
Office 801-525-2114
Fax 801-525-9955
Axiom Financial
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Kathy Fuhriman answered:

There is a manufactured home as pictured in the ad on 5200 W in Elwood and also a 4.5 acre piece of vacant land for sale on that road as well. The vacant land is just north of Calls Nursery and the manufactured home is a couple blocks further north. Trulia can be confusing at times due to slow updating. When you are ready to make a move please call me.

Best Regards,

Kathy Fuhriman, Real Estate Broker
Bear River Valley Realty
(435) 730-3583 direct
(435) 257-2787 office
(435) 257-2778 fax
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 14, 2012
Becky Nay answered:

Yes, I'd get legal advice here. I wouldn't go this alone. You can check the website below to help you find an attorney.

Also, check:

These 2 were recommended to me by other Realtors.

I hope everything works out for you and your family.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Kathy Fuhriman answered:

Whatever you do, the best advice I can give you is to not fall for the scammers in Utah targeting the borrowers who are struggling. There are several investors who are actively seeking struggling homeowners who may promise you great things with the only thought of padding their own pockets. Please seek out a HUD approved counselor to discuss your options with.
These counselors are free and should be your first call. Do not listen to any of these other people who want you to pay for a service in the guise of helping you.
I am a licensed real estate broker in Tremonton, UT so if you have any more questions about anything please send me a message, absolutely no obligation or spamming, just honest straight forward advice.
You can find me at Visit with a HUD counselor FIRST!!! []
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Karen Paytas answered:
In looking at all available homes in Macomb Twp with Fannie Mae, all state they are available with Homepath mortgage financing or homepath renovation financing. You need to speak with your agent to find out the circumstances if this home is only available with renovation financing. It usually takes more than carpet to require renovation financing. The home must have a working bathroom and a functioning kitchen sink to be able to be mortgaged with a homepath loan. Cosmetic repairs do not require a renovation loan.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Lyle Wolf answered:
This is a negotiation issue with the 2nd lien holder. Who is negotiating your short sale? How skilled are they at this? What the lender asks for is not necesarily where you will end up, as 2nd postion lenders do play hardball in the negotiations. You absolutely need an attorney to review and advise you on any paperwork the lender wants you to sign and the implications. Listen to Anna, John and the others. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 28, 2010
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
I am going to take a position slightly off center from most agents in saying that I give credit to that agent asking to be paid for their cma.
I have often thought it wouldn't be such a bad thing to be paid for that...with the promise it would be refunded once the home is listed or sells. I can't get a plumber to come for an estimate without paying for his time.

Personally, I think we do too much for free...and often" free" isn't valued as much as something you pay for.

To be honest, I think my opinion is worth something!
I know I'm swimming uphill here, and the day when one is paid for a cma isn't here.........but one can dream!

Katarina...the agent will have seen the comps inside, and be able to really compare and contrast them to your home. Appraisers only use what they seeon the interenet, and may not have a feel for the nuances of a particular area in a particular town.
Go with the agent....and you can find one to do it for free!
... more
2 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 28, 2010
Gita Bantwal answered:
I just want to add that others have given you a lot of good advice. You should talk to the Broker and see if things will change.If necessary talk to an attorney. Did you get anything in writing as to what the agent will do?
Did the agent give you an option to cancel clause in the contract, check your listing contract.?
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 13, 2008
Angeline answered:

I do not believe that you can buy the home from the lender until all of the paperwork is done... because even though the owners will no longer be responsible for the home, they are still the owners until the home has gone before the courts and the Sheriff's sale takes place.

Before that time, if you want to make an offer it would be with the current owners signing a purchase offer from you "subject to the lender approving the contract". We have many properties here in Lee County Florida that owners have on the market as a "short sale" before they get to foreclosure... hoping to get offers and then hoping the lender will entertain the offer(s). And yes... multiple offers can be accepted b the owners as long as they are all subject to lender acceptance. In order to do this the seller has to go thru a process with their lender (or in some cases with a 2nd and/or 3rd mortgage holder as well). The "mounds" of detailed paperwork they will fill out (financials, hardship letter and the past couple of years income tax returns as well as year-to-date income proof) has to be submitted to the lender(s). After review, if they start a file on the seller, the seller has to get the home on the market with a Realtor that understands the process and wait for a buyer to come in at a number their Realtor feels is what that the area will support as far as what their neighborhood is selling for (closed sales only can be used).

The short sale is a "hurry up and wait" process at best!

As far as where to find the REO's, locally and I know in other areas, can be found by a good Realtor in the area you are moving to. Typically, but not always, the Realtor fees will be paid by the lender and by being responsible for your own closing costs your offer will be more favorably looked at than an offer that is asking the seller to participate (in this case, the lender which means their net numbers may be less than they were willing to take).

Hope I have not rambled on too long or confused you by all the terms but they can be complicated processes - both the REO's and short sales. My advise is for you to get a good Realtor that has had
experience in both of these areas. Even the contract to purchase may not be the standard on that is typically used when making a "normal" seller to buyer purchase. Also, a good Realtor will more than likely advise you to have an atorney review your offer before it is submitted to either the seller or the lender. Spending their fee up front could save you a lot later! If you have any questions on the process, I can be reached at . I wish you all the best in this venture!

Angeline Sackett, Realtor
Direct: 239=898-0524
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice