Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Bonney Lake : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 27
Tue Aug 1, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
Qualifies for what?

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 29, 2017
Alex Foraker answered:
Hi Nancy, something to consider if buying as non owner occupied is whether the association has percentages of rental units allowed in the complex. This can be obtained by contacting an association or a resale certificate upon an executed offer. Rental rates seemingly continue to rise in the area, I would suggest $1200-$1400 may be obtainable on the average condo depending on amenities and or square foot. I would be happy to provide an evaluation of market rental rates or help accommodate your search if you're still looking. Regards, ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 17, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
If your house is listed for sale, I would check the broker sites to see how the information shows up. If it is showing as vinyl, then you need to have your agent change the listing.

If it is not listed for sale I wouldn't worry about it now. It is a field in a listing and it should show up as entered in the listing when you do go to sell.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 24, 2016
Maricris A answered:

You have the ability to edit your home facts that appear in the Owner Information section. Please follow these instructions on how to edit your home facts. This includes editing the number of bedrooms/bathrooms, square footage, home features, description and more.

Sign into your Trulia account. If you do not have an account, you must first register in order to update your home facts.
If you haven't already claimed your home, navigate to the property page, go to the "Edit Home Facts " button and verify ownership.
If you have claimed your home, click on the same "Edit Home Facts" button to update your home facts.
Make sure to select Publish Updates at the bottom of the page.


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Kevin Zellmer answered:
You may have got the answer but if not please let me know and I can help you. Most of the auctions may not take place because the trustee is still in process and other delays.

However, if you still need assistance please contact me
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 10, 2015
Rick D. Moore answered:
If you can avoid 167, that's ideal. That's about a 50 min drive without traffic. You should consider Bothell as well. It's a great city at half the commute. Good luck!!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 5, 2015
Alain Picard answered:
Hello Jenna, if you are still looking for a place to rent near Bonney Lake give me a call. My office is in Puyallup which is the next town over and I would be glad to help.

Alain Picard - Real Estate Broker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 10, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
Katie & Jim,
I did a quick search in NWMLS and found only two rentals in Bonnie Lake right now, both indicate pets are subject to restrictions, so there's a chance.
I've put a link below for you to look up the properties. Best of luck.
If you saw my previous answer, I included the wrong link. This one is correct.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 30, 2014
Shannon H asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 16, 2014
Kary Krismer answered:
Generally no. Property can be sold "as-is."

The one exception might be if the repair item makes the property dangerous to go into. Then it would be in the interest of both the seller and the listing agent (and their firm) to have the repairs made first, assuming warning signs alone would not be sufficient. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 17, 2014
Art Kirby answered:
Getting to work is not a problem if you leave before 5:30 am 6-8 forget it . And.....Getting home is a nightmare. If you leave after 2:pm to 6:00pm it can take anywhere from 1-2hours depending on how messed up Highway 167 and 410 become. It has taken an hour alone to get from Renton to Auburn (about 20 miles). You would be better off living in the Newcastle area ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 13, 2014
Thepacifica answered:
Come visit The Pacifica Apartments! Luxury style living at an affordable price! For more information please visit our website at or call us at (253)475-2838 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
I found some rentals in the area, but none at that price. The least expensive that may consider pets was $1375.
Find a local agent in the area and have them set up a search for those areas and others nearby to expand your options.
Be very leary of any deals here or on Craigslist, Zillow or other sites that sound too good to be true and want you to send them certified funds for keys. There are many scams out there.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Germany1757 asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Meg O Harrison answered:
I am very sorry to hear about your situation, Ashleigh. I see this everyday in my business; desperate homeowners renting out their homes without considering the effect it will have on the tenant when they go into foreclosure. I am in Washington State so cannot speak directly to the laws in Florida, however, I can offer you links as to exactly where to find out what your rights are.

Florida Specific:
Renters in Foreclosure: What Are Their Rights?
Florida's Renter's Guide to Foreclosure
Link to the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009

I do hope this helps. On your next home, I would suggest you work with a licensed broker to assist you in fully vetting a property to ensure that it will not go into foreclosure on you again. That is an expensive and emotionally draining experience that can be avoided with competent representation for the tenant.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
David Colbeth answered:
Let's meet and I can drive you through the area to see if you are comfortable with the neighbors. That's really the only way to know for sure. ..
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Kary Krismer answered:
Yes you could possibly be sued. Again you should see an attorney. It's possible that they might find a defense to proceeding to closing, perhaps due to a technical defect in the purchase and sale agreement. And the attorney would still need to determine whether the listing agreement is valid.

You're not going to get answers like that here. You need to see a real estate attorney.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
David Colbeth answered:
Hello Marilyn,
Dan is correct that you can petition the Board of Appeals at the County to revalue the home, however there is no guarantee. Ultimately, the County needs a certain tax base and make their valuation of homes based on the overall market and only take into account specifics of a particular property on a very case by case basis. At one point the Counties were trying to implement a tax valuation based on purchase price model because home prices were going up so fast they felt they were losing out on some revenues, however that was never implemented so they make their valuations based on an overall market view. Here's a link to the Pierce County website below this comment. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Joycelewis412 answered:
You may apply for a FHA insured loan after your bankruptcy has been discharged for TWO (2) years with a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

Check if you qualify for a mortgage. Try ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Bonney Lake Zip Codes