Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

94506 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 16
Tue Nov 22, 2016
answered:
I would be more than happy to help you with your home purchase. Sounds like they are having an issue with your Restricted Stock. If you are buying a primary residence, you do not need any assets or reserves so that should not matter.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
408-352-5147
NMLS #1056079
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2015
answered:
Shortpitch99: Is there any way to get that credit score up?
If you are carrying any of your credit card balances at over 60% this could be your challenge.
Feel free to discuss with me Claudia@divmg.com ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Paige answered:
we are building currently in alamo and land costs aside, we are building for about $350 sf. we are also building just shy of 4700sf with a 320 sf outdoor living space. we are using branagh builders and they have been fantastic. for us, the building part has been easy. getting through the approval process, however, took the better part of a year. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Doug Buenz & The 680 Group answered:
Timing real estate markets is tricky business. When someone asks "Should I sell now, or wait until the Spring?", the answer is always "it depends". It depends on the economy, interest rates, consumer confidence, inventory levels, demand for housing, potential changes to tax law, war in the middle east, etc etc etc. I don't see interest rates changing dramatically given the weakness in the job market. We may see a surge in inventory in the Spring, or a drop off in demand if consumer confidence erodes, or we could see the market take off if the economy starts improving rapidly.

In reality, personal considerations have a lot of impact on when to sell, as they should.

If home prices go up, you would be smart to wait to sell. If home prices remain flat or decline, you would be wise to sell now. Which scenario will occur? If I was smart enough to know for sure I can guarantee you I wouldn't be answering questions on Trulia. I'd be retired in Hawaii.

Good luck with the decision!

Doug Buenz
The 680 Group at Alain Pinel Realtors
Alain Pine Realtors
(925) 463-2000
... more
1 vote 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Sue Bloom answered:
So, even Seller Agent recommended us Buyers see a Real Estate Attorney. Thus, yesterday, I told all involved that since we were at a stalemate, I would contact a Real Estate Attorney to file a lis pendens to get a resolution which I feel is the right thing at this time. Seller Agent replied back requesting immediate signature CAR CC; Title Rep sending escrow instructions for immediate deposit back. Yet, Jeff, Real Estate Attorney was unavail Monday, so will try again today. Looks like Seller may have put back-up offer in first position because house was BOM and now is not showing on market. We still have not removed contingencies or received a NBP. Also, this is just a regular sale, standard contract...Day 17 contingencies...loan funding on track; we were fine with negotiation of home inspection repairs...COE was 35 days with close next week. The nondisclosure and improper water disclosure even after addendum sent to Seller put us at a halt and intitiated the CAR CC since Seller basically mute about water claim. We have acted in good faith entire time. My husband really likes this house...decisions and hope Real Estate Attorney avail. Thanks everyone!! ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Bernard Gibbons answered:
I don't quite understand the problem here. You want to cancel the contract and get your deposit back. The seller did not like the way your cancellation was worded so they wrote their own version with the "Mutual Consent" checked - which is absolutely normal and typical, by the way.

If you sign their cancellation, escrow will release the deposit to you. Everything else is irrelevant.

So sign it and everybody is happy. End of story.
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Claire Sheperdson answered:
Thu Nov 24, 2011
Michael Abram answered:
Hello Hb2011,

It is definitely possible to go 10% down on this scenario. Take a look at my blog for further details about this particular program, http://www.trulia.com/blog/michaelabram/2011/10/jumbo_loans_to_90_ltv. Best of luck to you.

Michael Abram
First Capital Mortgage
NMLS #235060
Direct: (310) 434-1718
Cell: (310) 995-0975
mabram@firstcapitalmtg.com
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Lucy Liou answered:
Hello, Vidya

Do you have a buyer agent to represent you yet? If so, have your agent prepare market comparable and find out how many offers to this listing if possible. It does not matter how much the listing price is and what property it is, you will purchase your property at market price. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 10, 2010
Dave Sutton answered:
Much as I love Trulia, the best way to answer the questions you're asking is to find a local Realtor to represent you. S/He will get the answers from the listing agent. Remember a buyer's agent's commission is paid by the seller, so there's no cost to you to use a buyer's agent. That's your next call. Find one on Trulia, or ask friends who've recently bought a home if they would recommend the agent they used. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Steve Mohseni answered:
Gigi,

There is nothing wrong with making your primary home to a rental/investment property. You have no obligation to tell the bank and so long as you make your mortgage payment on time and carry a hazard insurance on your property, your lender most likely have no issue to talk to you about.

Let us know if we answered your questions. Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Steve Mohseni answered:
Dear Ross,

Marston did a great job of describing a lease option. It is a phenomenon that worked well in 70’s since acquiring a loan was not as streamlined as it is today and a 20% down payment was generally a requirement. To re-iterate what was already mentioned is that in a lease option deal, one of the side ends up losing and they will not be happy about it. They may try to get out of it and may end of taking the deal through litigation because of that. As a general rule, lease option is not what I recommend, however I can think of very few specific situations where I can see it work well.

One big word of caution is to be careful who you end up on a lease option agreement with as a homeowner/seller. Make sure they have plenty equity in the subject property as you would not want to end up with a property that possibly forecloses and you losing your option money and your deposit to the landlord.

Let me know how you end up. Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Bob Georgiou answered:
GIgi,

Don't be. If the loan is older that 12 months old it is considered seasoned and the stipulation that the home be occupied (as you put on your loan application) is considered satisfied and you are free to use the property as you see fit. Even if it was less than 12 months there are circumstances where it is acceptable but an attorney would have to provide the details. ... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Dick Barnes answered:
Hi Gigi,

An open equity line of credit on any property these days is hard to come by. A lot of lenders have closed these lines down for fear of the falling values in homes. I'm unclear if you moved or if you're rental property has changed? You may want to make this more clear.

In general, both you and the property have to qualify for an equity line of credit. You need sufficient capacity to pay the loan should you draw on it and the property needs suffieicent equity to support the credit line.

If you still own the rental property and just changed your primary residence, you should be fine. I would discuss this with your lender or mortgage broker if you are unclear.

I hope this helps. I live and work in Danville and hope you are enjoying this gorgeous fall weather.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 23, 2008
The Harper Team answered:
I do believe that Shadow Hills is zip code 94526. We have two homes in escrow in Shadow HIlls, both closing in early May. The market is good. At our newest listing we had over 70 agents attend and the open houses were non-stop traffic. Pricing it right is crucial. You can get a detailed market report on Danville that will break it all down by zip code at the link below ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Search

Followers

323