Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Billerica : Real Estate Advice

  • All45
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Fri May 1, 2015
Jackson Willis answered:
You should contact an electrician about this. They would be able to tell you how much of a concern this should be. I hope that you'll be able to get it figured out. It can help you a lot to get that information from a professional. I hope that you'll be able to get this resolved quickly and easily.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 25, 2015
Susan Barlow asked:
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Lburns answered:
Was this person a REALTOR(R) or simply a real estate agent? If the salesperson is a REALTOR(R), meaning a member of the National Association of REALTORS, then s/he is required to adhere to a higher level of ethical behavior as put forth in the NAR Code of Ethics which prescribes a strong system of ethics complaint procedures for members of the public and other REALTOR members. Contact the local REALTOR association in addition to an attorney. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Wen Farina answered:
Hello MadridEnrique,
did you buy the house cash or used a lender when you bought it using your ITIN#? if you used a lender to obtain a mortgage I would contact them and ask them about the refi if you planning on keeping the property as an investment. There other lenders that may be able to assist you if yours can not. Are you a la liga BBVA follower?
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Jim Driscoll answered:
If you would like I can look up sales in your area to try to get a better idea on the value. A lot of clients that we have worked with found that the value might have been higher than they thought and we were able to put them into better programs than HARP. Call me when you have time to review.

Jim D
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
David Cutler answered:
Not sure what you mean exactly. You don't need a social security number necessarily to buy a house but if you want a mortgage loan for the purchase they would most likely require a social security # for a credit check. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Heath Coker answered:
If you don't have a mortgage broker yet, Bob Tranchell is another one to talk to.
He is a reverse specialist and also does regular refinances.

Bob Tranchell (508) 367-5731 cell 800-497-5235 Office

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Chris Doherty answered:
I grew up in the town of Billerica. The town is large enough to have access to great shopping and dining. The community also offers access to major highways, good schools and affordability in relation to the City of Boston. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Maria Cipollone answered:
An ITIN, or individual tax identification number, is proof that an inividual pay taxes to the Internal Revenue Services. With ITIN you may qualify for a mortgage, but this opportunity does not necesarily translate into an easy process. As a result the approval for a mortgage may take longer, but it definitely possible.

Good Luck,

Maria Cipollone

... more
2 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012 answered:
Your best bet is a real estate attorney and then use a buyers agency like ours when you are ready to bid:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012 answered:
Every transaction is different but it is possible for you to still move forward with the deal if your mortgage is for less than the appraisal amount. Otherwise if the appraisal came back low and they don't give you your mortgage you should be protected under the contingency so check the language. Perhaps the seller would consider renegotiating the price. Ask your buyers agent and attorney.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Ken Lambert answered:
Hi John- As a lender in NH and Mass, I know that we will ask for the 2008 taxes, and if you have officially filed for an extension, we (the underwriter) will delve into it all quite a bit- even without the official 2008 tax returns. It also depends on what field you are in.
If you are a realtor or a car dealer or contractor or something that most people know would be declining in 2008 versus 2007, then the underwriter is going to consider that as a problem.
If you want some more specific info, please let me know. Thanks and good luck,
Ken L.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Billerica Zip Codes