Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Beverly : Real Estate Advice

  • All60
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 12
Sun Apr 27, 2014
Maura Allard answered:
New Fed Mortgage company should be able to assist you with FHA and 203K loans.

New Fed Mortgage Corp.
98 High St.
Danvers, MA 01923
Toll Free: (877) New-FED1

I would be happy to show you some properties in the area. My contact information is:

Maura Allard
Century 21 North Shore
Phone: (978) 835-8954
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Karen Fogarty answered:
I am a Beverly Cove resident and agent with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in the Beverly Office. I would be pleased to consult with you; be it to help you evaluate your own Corning Street property or if you are considering a home on Corning Street for purchase.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 978-882-4135 or via email at

Karen Fogarty, REALTOR, ABR, Green, CHMS
50 Dodge Street, Suite 105
Beverly, MA 01915
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Barbara Brown answered:
Hello, If you have the listing number you can go to and put it in the search box and when you click on the listing there is a "send to friend" button. Just click it and enter their email. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 23, 2013
Linda Grey answered:
Your statement will not help you here, when you signed up for properties you will have to go back to that place and make your adjustments or contact trulia directly from your login
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Bill Lacroix answered:
Absolutely Visit the historic commission in Beverly, Some towns have different restrictions, but all historic commissions have the information you need, IE... must looks remain the same? No Visible from the street additions?? type of material to color of the exterior. I wish you the very best in your search at the historic commission ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Dear Corinne,

You should educate yourself about the home buying process so that you are comfortable when you go out looking. There are books on the subject, one of the best ones is Home Buying for Dummies. It will cover most of the aspects of home purchase. Once you have an idea of what to expect, you can move forward to interviewing good "Buyer Agents". Buyer Agents have training in working with Buyers and will help and guide you all along the way. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011 answered:
Hands down make sure they are an exclusive buyer broker
Find out average negotiated discounts
Ask them what their strategy is for valuing a property
Reputable/ # of deals

It is simple to make an offer just make sure you have someone helping you protect your interests and come up with the right price and strategy.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 2, 2011
Paul Stonkus answered:
53 elliot and 10 thorndike are currently 4 unit buildings available in Beverly.
Give me a call if you'd like further info
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 6, 2010 answered:
Division of Professional Licensure for the State of Massachusetts: 617-727-7406

Good luck!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2009
SanfordMullen RE answered:
You should consult your agent since they will know the details of the situation but the bottom line is the sellers will not be able to pay to fix the septic or else the bank will likely raise serious issue with them since they have already defaulted on their mortgage and therefore owe the bank money. The bank will definitely not pay for any issue found on the property (hence it being sold as is) ... Seems the only way to potentially remedy the situation is for you to pay to fix the septic on your own, prior to closing, which is a risky investment if you don't officially own the property yet. If you are trying to finance, you are right, a failed septic will be an issue because they will probably not loan you money of a house that does not pass the Title IV. Unfortunately you are learning one of the big downsides to short sale (and foreclosed) properties. They can be very complicated, and take a lot of time and energy only to find out the deal may not happen after-all. Again, consult your buyers agent or real estate attorney and see what advice they can offer based on all the details of your deal.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2008
Melissa Mancini answered:
Hi Holly,

I think you posted your question under the wrong county? That may be why no one has responded yet. You posted in Essex County in MA.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Beverly Zip Codes