Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

20817 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Sun Dec 24, 2017
Frank S. answered:
Hello NewHomeSeeker, we can only go as high as 56% on the back end depending on the loan program. What loan program are you considering and how much are you intending on investing into the purchase?

You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score. Your file would have to be analyzed to fit the best loan program for your financial needs. Who told you your DTI ratios or did you figure it out on a mortgage calculator? We go by the gross income and not the net.

The purchase in 20817 start from 419k for 4bd 2.5ba 2,800 sf single family home. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the purchase.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. You can be provided rate and term quotes with the receipt of the documentation to receive a DU Approval and pre-approval letter.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 9, 2016
amy.mistretta answered:
Are you still planning to rent out your 3BD/2BA on July 1st? Is this listing in the Ashburton school district by chance? We are looking to move on June 30th or shortly thereafter.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 9, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
You should contact the local tax office for the most accurate data and an accountant can guide you accordingly on the gains. Agents shouldn't go beyond the scope of our field or give tax or legal advice. In my area they tax based on market value, a new home is always taxed at full value so they tend to be higher.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 15, 2014
Annette Lawrence answered:
In the listing agreement you signed you will find a section labeled 'Cancellation' or "termination."

When you have complied with all the conditions stated, and the broker still refuses you will need to evaluate the best of these two options:
1. Let the six months expire
2. Go to an attorney to press the matter on your behalf.

If you elect the action of 'smallness' you may hear from the brokers attorney. There is no issue with stating the FACTS and attributing them to the proper parties. Read the 'cancellation' or 'termination' sections and determine on whose side the facts align.

No showings. Broker does not show the house. If the home is promoted on the Multiple Listing Service and no showing are occurring, there is very likely more to this story. Provide the link to the MLS listing and other local professionals may be able to respond with more direction.

Best of success,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Alyssa Hellman answered:
You can also request a visit to the home with a contractor that specializes in water damage. As Carolyn said, there is no sure fire way to know that the water damage has been remedied. That said, as a buyer, you're entitled to a specialist giving you their opinion. Ask for a visit! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Miekeba Jones answered:
Hi Claudia, did you find a Realtor to help you? If not, I can help you.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon May 16, 2011
Melissa Barkalow answered:
Hi Kasha

As others have mentioned, you should ask your agent for a copy of the contract. If they will not give you a copy ask their broker for a copy.

Good luck!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2011
Carlos Caraballo answered:
This is always tricky situation but you have to be honest and let your client know that the answer of that is against your professional code of ethics, but I normally give them options like refer them to some of my clients that live close by, in The Metropolitan Washington area you have the option to refer them to the Embassy or Consular offices of their country ( they normally have a data with this information ), The important here is to provide your client with the tools to get this information and be in the safe area, simple!!!!! .
Carlos Caraball0
Global Realty Enterprises
International Division CMS
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2008
Sterling Mehring answered:
I would say more like $300 if it involves a kitchen. I would say even more if its less than 500sf.
It would be more helpful to talk to a contractor, I can recommend an excellant one who my clients have raved to me about after I referred him to them.

Gerry Ellsbury T/A Plumb Square Builders he is located in Chevy Chase 301-585-2782
I don't get any kickbacks or commissions for this, just good feedback from my clients.
sterling mehring
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice