Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Berlin : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 4
Thu Nov 5, 2015
Alan May answered:
And I don't understand how you think that comparables are not a good method to price new listings.

Comparables are just that. Homes that are comparable (similar in size, room count, location and condition) that have recently sold, or are currently on the market as competition.

Maybe, what you're unsuccessfully trying to say is "you don't understand how some Realtors use poor comps when pricing a home.".
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 16, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
Another method (aside from Larry's suggestions) is to get a mortgage on your new home and simply pay it off when you sell your current home.

You'd need at least a 3% - 5% down payment plus closing costs (usually another 2%) in cash to close the transaction. This may be a bit easier so you can move out of your current home, then have it all clean and spiffy for staging and showings to potential buyers. Also allows you to make an offer on the new place NOT contingent on selling your current home.

There will be fees associated w/the mortgage, talk to your loan officer about getting a lender rebate. The interest rate shouldn't be too much of an issue since you'll probably have the loan for less than 6 months, but you need to decide how it all works w/your budget.

It may take a few months to sell a house in Lusby, the market has softened a bit there. Work with a great local realtor for better info, this is general data from afar in DC.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Todd Grimm of Atlantix Real Estate answered:
About 3 to 6 months after a sale, it will be in the tax records you can access at:

My office is in Ocean Pines, and I live in ocean Pines. If you e-mail me with the address of the property in question, I will look up the last sale in the MLS and e-mail you a full MLS report on it.

E-mail me at:

Todd Grimm
Broker, Atlantix Real Estate in Ocean Pines
410-524-4433 office
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Fri May 18, 2012
Carmen Amedori answered:
A certificate (Form MW506E) is issued by the Comptroller stating that:

a. No tax is due from the transferor in connection with the sale or exchange of the property;
b. A reduced amount of tax is due in connection with the sale or exchange and stating the reduced
amount that should be collected by the Clerk or Department before recordation or filing.

Therefore, I suggest you contact Maryland Comptroller’s Web site at or by
calling 1-800-MDTAXES (1-800-638-2937) or 410-260-7980 in Central Maryland. You can discuss getting this form from them.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Berlin Zip Codes