Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Berkeley County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Tue Dec 20, 2016
Maricris A answered:
Wed May 11, 2016
Pacj1 asked:
How do I edit this?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:

Trulia does not accept FSBO listings. There are sites that do, but if you posted here and on every other site that allows you to, you won't get the level of exposure that listing with a great local agent and appearing on your local MLS will get you.

A great agent is worth more than their commission, but a bad one or none at all can cost you way more than just a commission. Consider discussing your options with someone worth working with and then do whatever you feel is in your best interest. Best of luck however you proceed.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Srb answered:
This home is located at 350 Brazzel Lane, Moncks Corner. My agent is Bruce Bowers 843-572-3131. Four bedrooms, two baths, 2275 square feet.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 5, 2009
Debbie Knowles ® answered:

20 acres.. whew!! That's a lot of work. If you want a good price for the land, clear it and check the zoning on your land to see what it can be used for first. Some land is not able to be developed on at all. And of course I can help you sell it either way. Good luck

Debbie Knowles Realtor
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Keith Sorem answered:
Let me get this straight
1. You need to sell (not want to sell, but have to sell)
2. You are worried that you will not have adequate proceeds from the sale to pay off your mortgage and closing costs, so you think by paying a Realtor a lower commission you will breakeven.
3. You have contacted two local agencies and have not yet heard back.

You situation is not uncommon. My family was in the same situation so here are some suggestions:

1. Do you really have to move? What alternatives do you have to moving? Do you mean as in sell the property or move as in relocate to another area?
a) if you have to sell, but are staying in the same area, then that means that there are financial issues. If you look at the link below it appears that homes are selling, which is good, but at lower price.
b) If you prefer to stay in the same area you could ask your lender to modify your loan. You'd need to qualify for the new loan, but the basic idea is that the lender may agree to modify the loan interest, monthly payment, or other aspects to enable you to stay in the home.

2. If you need to relocate, then there are other options:

a) rent the property out and either keep it as a long term investment (which is what happened to us...we kept it 18 tears and sold it for a big profit in the end), or keep it just until the market turns around. Either way you'll want to talk to a CPA about the tax implications.

b) Try to sell it yourself (tough to do in a buyer's market). Works about 10% of the time.

c) Try to sell it with a discount broker or MLS Entry Only broker in hopes of 'saviing' enough to breakeven. The problem is that with these types of brokers the majority of the time the listings fail to sell and when they do sell, they sell for less (2-3% less than those sold by Full Service Realtors).

d) Sell it with a full service Realtor and look at negotiating a possible short sale or other terms.
Here are some possible scenarios-
- The property might be worth more than you think (although I doubt it).
- Ask a Realtor to provide you with an "Estimate of Seller's Net Proceeds" and see exactly how you would be financially at the end of the transaction. Possible options could be:
- use a credit card or borrow from someone to pay any shortfall
- ask the lender to issue you a promissory note for the balance. This is where the negotiating comes in..maybe they will give you an interest-free note with monthly payments you can afford to repay the shortfall
- if the difference is too great look into a short sale. A Realtor experienced in Short Sales should be able to analyze your situation to determine if you might qualify.

Hope this helps. If you'd like a referral let me know. Good luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Terry Hardesty answered:
Without seeing the property and looking at comparables it would be malpractice to answer. I live in Moncks Corner and can tell you that market conditions here are worse than Goose Creek but better than some areas.

You can go to my website and subscribe to a Market Snapshot that will give you current homes for sale as well as recent sales, days on market. etc. No hassles, no cost.

Better that, I can come look at your property and give you a detailed market analysis.

Terry Hardesty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2007
Terry Hardesty answered:
Based on current property for sale and depending on your personal needs the answer may well be try to sell it now. If you want the specific reasons why I am saying this you can reach me bt email at

Terry Hardesty
Prudential Carolina Real Estate
... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice