Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Bend : Real Estate Advice

  • All172
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying63
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions13

Activity 7
Thu Jul 9, 2015
Cochutch2 answered:
How do I find out who is performing maintenance (i.e. grass cuttings) on reposessed properties overseen by The Bank of NY Mellon trustee organizations - example Ft Worth, TX
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Keith Petersen answered:
Check this out:
Also go check out a bend map and look at all the roads and trails off of Skyliner Road.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 5, 2011
Monir Mamoun answered:
hi Kid, not an expert myself on the aubrey butte area but i wrote a four part blog on chinese drywall which has gotten a ton of hits on trulia -- you might find it useful. Link: ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Susan Agli answered:
Wow you really got me thinking. There are two areas I can think of. One area is over by the westside Safeway and Rays. You know where westside Pet Express is? There are some nice home in the neigborhood behind those shops. There are resturants, Croutons, Baltazar, etc. The other is by the eastside Safeway there are several neighborhoods. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Dave Sutton answered:
If it doesn't, there may be another answer. FHA has a program for buying homes that don't qualify and rehabilitating them so they do. Ask your Realtor, lender or loan broker about an FHA 203k loan. These are for people who want to buy a home for, say $100,000 that needs $30,000 work. FHA will loan actually loan a total of slightly more than $130,000. It's a little complicated so make sure your lender has done 203k loans before and you should be OK. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Kryste Adams answered:
Good Morning Gary -

FHA requires that a house be livable.. A few of the primary items the FHA looks at in order for the home qualify for an FHA include:
- Water
- Heat
- Cooking source (stove/oven)
- Floors - sub floor must be covered
- Roof with at least 2 years left in it's life span

If the home does not have the above items in working order there may be other options such as an FHA rehab loan. Many times it is difficult to tell by the pictures if the home qualifies for an FHA loan from the pictures. If you'd like to send me the home details I'd be happy to find out more information for you.

If you would like more information about FHA lenders or homes in Central Oregon here is my contact information.

Kryste Adams, Broker
Taft Dire
431 NW Franklin Ave Ste 3, Bend, OR 97701
Cell: 541-706-1556
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 5, 2009
Patty Rehn answered:
Thanks for your replies. I just needed to know some comps. If they really breached the agreement- due to non-payment of fees- according to the existing agreement I am allowed to turn off their water with no recourse. (He said he paid another family member, who denies that,so I have asked for cancelled checks-- still no cancelled checks, two weeks later.) There is always recourse, but since he is rich, he may find another $130 a year no big deal. It might be another 30 years years before the equipment I just replaced will need replacement or even a new well, but money in the bank for my kids to do whatever would be good.
Otherwise, I agree, there would be no leverage to change anything.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice